cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Touch Facebook App

Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App

My wife's LG Rumor wouldn't launch the Facebook app. When launching the app, it would begin to load, and then give a Network Error. For a week I tried and failed to get this resolved.

Today, I drove to the Sprint store (about 30 minutes from my house). When standing in line, I tried it again and it worked. Now, it works every time. For some reason, going into a different coverage area allowed it to connect. Not sure if this will be the same result for others, but it's worth a try. Now everything on her phone works perfectly.

Journeyman

I am getting the same thing, hit my regular Facebook that loads directly but it looks like it is loading up then takes me to a web browser to load and asks me for my email and password.  Went to 2 sprint stores, first store said that a service tech can look at but will be a 45 minute wait.  2nd store guy did all sorts of updates, turned off and on, took battery out and then handed it back to me and said he does not know what is wrong with it???? Good luck I guess I am on my own.....?  It is really a hassle to do it this way and takes away the best feature of this phone...I hope they get it worked out and quick!

Journeyman

Does anyone have any idea when this facebook app will be updated for this phone?  This is VERY FRUSTRATING when you view facebook as a webpage on the phone.  Can we get an answer from someone on this?  I am very disappointed about this issue!!!!!

Journeyman

I've had the same issue.  Now my facebook app takes me to the web version whenever I attempt to open it.  Like one of the other posters, I don't care much for the web version.  Sprint/LG/Facebook needs to get this fixed.  I just recently upgraded to a data plan and e-mail and facebook are about the only things I use data for.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've contacted Sprint several times about this issue. I got bounced around to a bunch of people that basically don't care and tell me that it is Facebook's issue. Sprint could care less about their customers..if it wasn't for their cheap data plan I would NOT have signed up with them again. I don't think this issue is ever going to be resolved.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue, and I am glad it's not just me. for about a week now, when you load facebook it loads as a web page and not an application. Which would be fine because now I can see notifications, but I have to sign in every single time I use it. I got this phone over another phone because it was supposed to be a social networking phone. My twitter has never worked either...I have to view that as a web page as well!

Journeyman

Same issue here. no help from sprint. very annoying

Journeyman

this phoine is N G .....touc any image and it dontslide, try to go to facebook: says sign in  when i do it says it is the wrong one ???????????...............

hard to get the phone t go anywhere. i think t is a defective phone, ausew it works sometimes, my daughter has the samephone , but she can use hers, all i can get it to do normaly is act like aphne andcall out sometimes the answer iondnt work. the numbers work at a gentel touch, but you press and slide so many times for the other pa4rts to work .i stop myself from squeezint realhard