cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Touch Firmware and Text Messaging Issue?

Journeyman

LG Rumor Touch Firmware and Text Messaging Issue?

My phone hasn't been able to send or receive text messages for several hours. When I try to send one, I get an error saying that the network isn't responding. I don't have the newest firmware update, but when I try to update it, I get Error Code: 7, saying the network timed out. I know a lot of people have started discussions on this topic, but they have all seemed to be resolved.

My phone has has issues with not being able to send texts before, however when it happened then I just turned my phone on and off, and it was fixed. I chatted with someone online, and they weren't able to do anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor Touch Firmware and Text Messaging Issue?

KariSquires wrote:

My phone hasn't been able to send or receive text messages for several hours. When I try to send one, I get an error saying that the network isn't responding. I don't have the newest firmware update, but when I try to update it, I get Error Code: 7, saying the network timed out. I know a lot of people have started discussions on this topic, but they have all seemed to be resolved.

My phone has has issues with not being able to send texts before, however when it happened then I just turned my phone on and off, and it was fixed. I chatted with someone online, and they weren't able to do anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I just updated the Rumor Touch I have.  I was able to perform the update on 8/30/2010 at about 8:20 am MST....  Do you have good network coverage where you are at?  If it's still not working and your Network is okay, I'd drop into a Sprint store and see if they can help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor Touch Firmware and Text Messaging Issue?

I have the same problem and it happens whether I am in a "good" network or a "fair" network (close or far from a tower).  It's REALLY frustrating because the texts wont send and also aren't received.  No one has been able to help with me this, it could be due to a faulty phone, I would go into a store and see if they can update yours or get you a new one.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat