Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Touch- Microphone issues??

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought a lg rumor touch as a replacement phone. It is brand new and I have only used it for about two weeks. When people call me they cant hear me, only static and other noises, so Im assuming the mic is messed up.  Has anyone else had this problem? and what can I do about it?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

I'm very sorry you are having issues with you replacement phone. Can you tell me where you got the replacement phone? This way I know with whom we need to get you in contact. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought it from some lady, not from a store or anythin like that...her family moved and had to switch carriers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I am having the same problem.  I thought it was the clear plastic protection case, but it doesn't matter if I remove it or not.  I purchased my phone at Sprint store in December and it's had this issue with the microphone since January.  I was thinking it was the callers phone and not mine that was the problem as my phone is newer.

I just emailed Sprint and hope to get advice to resolve this issue.

Highlighted
Master

Issues with the microphone are best addressed by a repair tech at a service and repair store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my daughter's phone.  She can hear callers, but when she speaks into the phone no one can hear her.  I have searched the owners manual and can't find any info on the microphone or muting it.  Is the only way to get this resolved to take it to be repaired?  Sounds like the mike is just muted.  Is it in the menu somewhere that says how to un mute it?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat