Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Touch - Mysterious Casual Usage

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am on the Everything Messaging Plan. There have been mysterious casual data usage charges on my bill. I am so careful with my phone. I have Net Guard enabled. And I always lock my phone before putting it in my purse. Somehow my phone connects to the Internet on its own I guess. I never see this happening. It just appears on my bill. I use my phone for texting and picture mail. Sometimes when I try to send a photo, my phone prompts me with the "Connect to the Internet" prompt. A Sprint representative recently assured me that it was okay to hit connect when using picture mail, and that since I have unlimited picture mail in my plan, that I should not receive casual data usage charges for that. She explained that the pictures being sent are using the same network, and that this prompt may come up from time to time and it was ok to hit "connect" in order to get the photo to go through. I use picture mail a lot, so I would think if this was the problem, that I would have huge casual data usage charges. The charges are very inconsistent - from 75 bucks to 1.56. I need to find out why this is happening. Can anyone help? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: LG Rumor Touch - Mysterious Casual Usage

In a few rare occasions I've seen this happen to customers accounts and it ends up being fraud. Someone can 'clone' your phone and make it look like you are using data when in fact it is the fraudster causing the billing.  The fraud department can open a ticket on it and look into which towers the data is streaming from to determine if it is truly your phone or if the data is being streamed somewhere entirely different.  There's not a big chance this is what it is, but I would definitely give a call in and see if they can look at that for you based on the description of usage you just gave... You can call into 800.927.2199 and a care rep can get you to the right place, they don't have a direct number (that I am aware of).

**You don't have any children that might grab your phone and play around with it do you? I've seen that a lot actually...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you! I will call that number and check into that possibility. No children here that can mess with my phone. How can someone clone my phone?!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat