cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Touch not receiving texts from only one contact

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've always had troubles with texting on my phone, but the other day it just stopped receiving texts from only one of my contacts. I get all other messages just fine. I tried power cycling multiple times and also reset the phone back to factory default, but nothing has changed. My phone still does not get the texts sent from the one contact. What do I do to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Technical troubleshooting has a list of items to go through. Text messaging is some type of provisioning issue and it is unfortunate you reset your phone. Only if you are getting specific error messages will we ever proceed with that method to fix the issue. Call 888-211-4727 from another phone and let us troubleshoot this issue for you. Is the person a Sprint customer or another carrier? When you try to text to them do you get an error message or does that send?  When they try to reply to you do they get an error  message? Do they get the same message when they create a new message? Have they tried texting by entering your number and not using your stored contact info?  Also, if you can send to them and they can't send to you it seems to be an issue on their end.

There are a lot of different scenarios that we have to eliminate. The above are just a few.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

I am actually having this very same problem. I am not receiving texts from one contact until about 4 days after they sent it to me. They can receive my messages just fine and I am not having a problem with any of my other contacts sending or receiving messages.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat