cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor White Screen

Patron

LG Rumor White Screen

Well I have a problem with my LG Rumor i got it about a month ago and i take it to school EVERY day (just in case) but one day at the end of school..I took my phone out and it had a white screen.So i pressed a couple of buttons and went back to normal...So it kept doing that over and over and over but now it wont even go back to the main screen...It is stuck on a white screen.I have tried Turning It Off and Back On (Doesn't Work) Then I tried Taking the Battery Out(Does Not Work) My friend has a rumor and i borrowed their battery and it still did not work. So that proved to me it is the screen.HELP PLEASE...

Any Qeustions Or Whatever Please Let Me Know.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor White Screen

@KK90 wrote:

Well I have a problem with my LG Rumor i got it about a month ago and i take it to school EVERY day (just in case) but one day at the end of school..I took my phone out and it had a white screen.So i pressed a couple of buttons and went back to normal...So it kept doing that over and over and over but now it wont even go back to the main screen...It is stuck on a white screen.I have tried Turning It Off and Back On (Doesn't Work) Then I tried Taking the Battery Out(Does Not Work) My friend has a rumor and i borrowed their battery and it still did not work. So that proved to me it is the screen.HELP PLEASE...

Any Qeustions Or Whatever Please Let Me Know.

Thanks

Try bringing it to a Sprint Service Repair location....

http://storelocator.sprint.com/

Journeyman

I have the exact same problem. The phone was purchased Feb 2008. By early April 2008 screen kept turning white, just as you described. I tried everything you did. I called Sprint, no help. I went to more than one Sprint store, no help. I went to Wireless Toyz where I bought the phone, no help. I could go into pages of details how Wireless Toyz and Sprint kept giving me the run around, but I know you do not want to hear how terrible they are about keeping the customer happy after they sell you the phone and the two year contract, because once they got you, they do not care about you. I had to really dig deep and this is what I found.

I found out that LG has a one year warrantee on cell phones. I called them directly at 800-793-8896. I talked to he Customer Service Rep at LG, told him of my situation, he said your phone is absolutely under a one year warrantee. He gave me a Return Authoriazation Number and told me to send it to them a trackable method and an address to send it to. He told me my phone would be fixed or replaced after 10 to 14 business days from the day they receive it. They did say I may not get my exact phone back, I may just get a refurbished phone that is exactly like my phone, but it will still fall under the one year manufacturer warrantee. So today, I shipped it away. I am looking forward to getting a working phone, even if I have to wait two weeks. Since Sprint and Wireless Toyz were not going to stand behind the product they sold me just a couple months ago, a product that I had tons of problems with.

I hope this helps anyone having the problem with the LG Rumor, contact LG Directly for the one year warrantee.

Master

If you have Insurance through Sprint, it can save time by taking it into a Service and Repair location, it would be a free fix or replacement. If you don't have insurance, in the Store it would be up to a $55 fee I believe, or going directly through the manufacturer.

This should be the same for all of the phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you get any responses to the "White Screen" issue? My son just had the same thing happen to him. We're taking it down to the Sprint repair center to see if they can run a diagnostic.

bota

Patron

bota-

okay my dad just took the phone in and like the guy with long paragragh above me said sprintsaid that if i had insurance they can fix and/or give me a new one and i was still under the wareentee with LG so it all worked out and they gave me a new phone! but try thatand if it doesn't work send me a message on this thread and i will help u out...

-KK90

Patron

1 MORE THING

if you have insurance it is for free fix or new phone but if you dont it is 50$ i beilve i hope this helps you!!!!

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with LG and they've replaced my son's phone. It's getting read to be shippped out today. Thanks all for the tip!

Journeyman

Message moved to correct Board.

Journeyman

If you have insurance they give you a refurbished phone, not a new phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat