cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Thimq G7 displaying error message

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG Thimq G7 displaying error message

I just went from an iphone to this phone ..it was charging last night when it suddenly tells me charging is blocked and I need to clean the usb port.  I blew it out with a cool hair dryer abd restarted the phone.  Same message but I wasn't charging it.  Apparently, it's a big problem with LG and Samsung I found through a quick internet search . I can plug it in to charge and then have it power down and restart and the phone charges with no error message.  As soon as I unplug it from the wall, there comes the message again.  LG will repair it but that means 2 weeks without my phone and I can't do that.  Sprint store factory reset it but that didnt fix the problem.  I'm a long time customer and 10 year iPhone user until now with no issues .Sprint store said it is a defect but offered no replacement, even temporary while it's repaired ..is there a Sprint person here that can help??

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
GrandMaster

sprint and or asurion does not do loaner phones. does the message pop up once you unplug the phone or while its plugged in and charging? and is it something about moisture or possibly something about it charging to slow? one thing i noticed with my G6 when/if the message pops up is i can flip over the charging type c part and put in in the other way and i dont run into it..not sure why but it could be the cord itself has a wonky side to the plug part that goes into the phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

It only happens when it's unplugged from charging. It's clearly a faulty phone and I'm quite irritated they won't send a new phone and take this one back. It's one month old.  It has never been in or near water and it's in an otter box.  The Sprint store looked at it and told me it's not damaged.  It still fast charges and the error message disappears when it's plugged in.  Very disappointed and will probably go back to iPhones once my year with this obviously crap brand is up .

Highlighted

mind posting a screen shot of what its doing minus any personal info that might be on the screen?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I don't see how to do that on here. 

Highlighted

through a computer when you hit reply the option to add a pic will be a camera looking symbol with photos next to it..through a phone when you hit respond..actually i'll jump over to my phone and pop in here..dont think it looked quite the same but i'll double check real quick.

same symbol but it doesnt say photos next to it through mobile when you hit reply.

Highlighted

That doesn't work. It just brings up my camera ..i want Sprint to do something about it.  It just got umplugged from charging and isn't doing it now but it will pop back up directly I imagine.  It charges fine and the message, if showing, will go away once plugged into the charger, so clearly it is a problem with the phone. I will be changing wireless companies at the end of my contract. They used to have way better customer service, but then I've never had this issue before so back to iPhones for me!

Highlighted

Given the age of the phone, it is still under warranty.  By your initial post you already contacted LG and yes they would require the device to be returned to them to fix/replace.  If it's a manufacturer defect, this would be your best route.  

Your other choices would be to file a claim assuming you have insurance or pay to have it repaired at a service and repair center.

@TheAngel127019 wrote:

That doesn't work. It just brings up my camera ..i want Sprint to do something about it.  It just got umplugged from charging and isn't doing it now but it will pop back up directly I imagine.  It charges fine and the message, if showing, will go away once plugged into the charger, so clearly it is a problem with the phone. I will be changing wireless companies at the end of my contract. They used to have way better customer service, but then I've never had this issue before so back to iPhones for me!

Highlighted

Yes and be out of a phone for 2 weeks, which I don't know of anyone who could do that.  Service sucks with these places.  It's an intermittent problem apparently because I charged it last night abd once again this morning and the message hasn't shown back up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat