cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 8.0 Issue

Journeyman

LG V20 8.0 Issue

I had just received android 8.0 today and downloaded and installed it. After it did its thing, I noticed the second screen no longer works when my screen is off. I have it set to show the time when my screen is off but yet, it's not working. It works when I turn my screen on though. Any ideas on who I should contact regarding this or have any tips?

19 REPLIES 19
Wizard

Re: LG V20 8.0 Issue

Sounds like the update might have just turned off that feature. Have you went into your settings to see if you can turn it off and back on? Maybe that will kick start it.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Yes I did and it didn't help.

Wizard

Well darn, let's try a reset of the device. You won't lose any of your data on the phone.

1. Press the Power button on the right side of the phone to turn On the device.
  2. On the phone dial pad, press ##72786#.
  3. Read the Warning prompt then tap OK.
  4. The phone clears previous internal programming information and turns phone off then back on.
  5. Device activation begins.
  6. After device activation completes, finish device setup steps.

Let me know if that helps. 

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

That didn't work either. 😞

Wizard

Hmm. Quick question, have you tried to turn off the "Show when main screen is on" feature, then turning it back on? Also, with doing that I would clear your cache and cookies as well.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
GrandMaster

also are you by chance running power saver mode on your phone? and if so have you attempted to turn it off and see if it pops back on again or not?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes I have tried all of that. The second screen will show for a split second when my screen is first turned off after restarting. After that, in order to get it turned on again I have to restart it and again, only shows for a split second.

This is the main feature that I love about the v20 and this update has broken that 😞

GrandMaster

im not seeing any reports in here so far other than yours about this so it might just be your device.

if this ends up the case you might try performing a cache/partition wipe on your device in case something didnt load correctly. worst case you might have to perform a factory reset..but start with the cache/partition wipe first in case that clears it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Really want to avoid that. I have 2 other devices to update so it's not just affecting me. It would probably effect them too. 

GrandMaster

usually when a large update rolls out and there was a bug or some type of glitch in it affecting everyone you see a ton of customers posting in here about it..im only seeing you..meaning its not something that is either affecting them OR no one has noticed it..which would be odd with so many people out there running that particular device.

as is a cache/partition wipe is NOT a factory reset..you do not loose all your info.

Journeyman

I've done that. Really don't want to do the factory reset though and I wonder if anyone's at least called in about it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat