cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Knock ON not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG V20 Knock ON not working

All of a sudden, my Knock ON feature is not working, which I don't understand at all, because the Knock OFF feature works just fine. I use this feature all day every day and it's driving me crazy that it won't work. PLEASE HELP!!!!

FYI, I've tried all the normal troubleshooting steps, turning feature off and on, phone restart, battery pull, etc. I really don't want to have to hard reset my phone, especially because I don't think that will fix it.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Good morning pherzog1999, lets try this, please enable the Safe Mode on the device, try it out like that and see if it works.

To enable Safe Mode;

1. With the device turned on, press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap and hold Power off.

3. Review the message and tap TURN ON.

4. The device will power off and restart in safe mode.

To disable it;

1. To turn off safe mode, swipe down the Status bar.
  2. Tap the Safe Mode is On notification.

3. To confirm, tap TURN OFF.

4. The device will reboot into normal mode.

Please let me know how it goes

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

if the safe mode route doesnt improve anything you will want to do a cache/partition wipe on the device..this is NOT a factory reset..you will not loose any personal info from the phone but it might free up whatever the issue is.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@sprint_Ina wrote:

Good morning pherzog1999, lets try this, please enable the Safe Mode on the device, try it out like that and see if it works.

To enable Safe Mode;

1. With the device turned on, press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap and hold Power off.

3. Review the message and tap TURN ON.

4. The device will power off and restart in safe mode.

To disable it;

1. To turn off safe mode, swipe down the Status bar.
  2. Tap the Safe Mode is On notification.

3. To confirm, tap TURN OFF.

4. The device will reboot into normal mode.

Please let me know how it goes

This did not work. The feature did not work in Safe Mode or Regular Mode after going back. Very strange as well, it works for about 4 seconds after powering the phone on, before the first time I put in my code. Then it stops working again. Also, this reset some of my widgets which I now have to recustomize...

Highlighted

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
if the safe mode route doesnt improve anything you will want to do a cache/partition wipe on the device..this is NOT a factory reset..you will not loose any personal info from the phone but it might free up whatever the issue is.

This did not work either.

Highlighted

pherzog1999, thanks for the update. I know that you said you did not want to do a master reset however, this might be what we need to do next since we have exhausted all the basic troubleshooting steps.

For instructions on how to do a factory reset @  http://sprint.co/2rUWoCq

If you are worried about your information, you can use LG backup, for more information @ http://sprint.co/2rlMtZG

You can also visit a Sprint store and get assistance from one of our technicians, you can find a store and plan a visit using the Sprint Zone App on your smartphone, or on sprint.com at sprintstorelocator.com

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted

and nothing new was added? screen protector?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
and nothing new was added? screen protector?

Correct. NO changes whatsoever. No options changed, nothing. I'm still confused as to why the Knock OFF works (I hardly ever used this) but the Knock ON doesn't.... Frustrating!

Highlighted

and you didnt receive any updates prior to this popping up? do you have auto update turned off on everything? in case something downloaded when you didnt notice.
Highlighted

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
and you didnt receive any updates prior to this popping up? do you have auto update turned off on everything? in case something downloaded when you didnt notice.

No LG software updated. I guess it's possible that a random app updated between when it was working and when it stopped, but I can't imagine any single random app rendering the ON unusable but keeping the OFF function available. Never seen anything like this.

Highlighted

What launcher are you using?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat