cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 - LS997ZV7 Security Update and fixes

GrandMaster

LG V20 - LS997ZV7 Security Update and fixes

Software Version: LS997ZV7 Release Date: 6/6/2017 Method: Available Over the Air ***Fixes: Android May security updates Fixes and issue that could cause the phone to freeze, not power on, or display Device is Corrupt***
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: LG V20 - LS997ZV7 Security Update and fixes

Thanks. I checked and my phone is still returning 'No firmware update available' with a current version of LS997ZV6. Gradual rollout I guess.

Journeyman

You know that's the May security update right?  This is June. LG will be finished going through the June update this week. When will we get it?  August?  This is almost laughable. 

GrandMaster

more than likely in the usual manner..in batches.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

then i recommend not snagging a carrier branded device and stick with the Google line so you can be the first to get updates...if you dont want to go that route then you will get them as they are sent to you
Journeyman

We shouldn't have to. When shouldn't have to make excuses for carriers not doing their jobs?  And yes it is their job to support the equipment they sell to the public. If more people held carriers feet to the fire we wouldn't have this issue.  Don't blame the guy who buys the milk for not feeding the cow. 

Journeyman

Got the update notification this morning. Let my phone update and reboot normally with no apparent issues.

Update seems to have not completed properly however. Since the initial install and subsequent reboot, there's an 'Android is upgrading' progress bar in my notifications that seems to have stalled at around 30% or so.

Phone seems to be working fine except for its indicating that the upgrade is incomplete. Do you know of any reports of this upgrade taking an exceptionally long time to completely finish?

GrandMaster

nothing passed down that i have came across. is it still stuck at 30%? you might end up needing to do a cache/partition wipe to see if that clears it up...start with a few restarts though to see if it will restart the download first..if not then do the cache/partition wipe...if that doesnt do it then worst case you will need to perform a Factory Reset due to something not loading correctly in there.
Journeyman

Thanks for replying. Fortunately it cleared finally. Just took a worryingly long time.

GrandMaster

i had that happen on one of my HTC phones before...seemed to stall at like 70%..it finally went through so no idea what was happening.....like yours it finally cleared...zip for any idea on why though.
Journeyman

I'm just glad it cleared! Was not looking forward to wiping and rebuilding my phone--even with the way Android automatically restores all your apps etc. it's still really tedious.

GrandMaster

agreed....i know quite a few people that perform a FR prior to doing an update so its at the saem status as the ones that were tested in house by the OEM..then once its loaded they will perform another FR and then load all their stuff back on..i however am lazy and wont go that route lol..if i run into an issue with a update or anything really i have my usual steps i perform prior to even thinking of a FR. the same steps i walk people through in here that usually takes care of their issues..well device issues at least
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat