cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 software update, Sprint Default/id

Journeyman

LG V20 software update, Sprint Default/id

Ever since having the new software update installed, the Sprint Default/ID automatically installs along with it's many other apps that I do not want. A pop up error comes up "1 Code: 400" when it's installing. When I delete the unwanted Sprint apps, the error will come up, even with all the annoying apps installed it will pop up.  I do manage to stop the popups by uninstalling the Sprint apps and doing the system updates.

The main and most frustrating thing is that when my phone shuts off/restarts, Sprint Default reinstalls all the apps that I previously had deleted, making me go back all over again to uninstall them. The apps are: App Spotlight, Tidal, Loot, 1Weather, Tech Expert, Sprint Music Plus, etc.

I want the apps gone permanently, how do I prevent Sprint Default/ID from reinstalling them? It's to agitating.

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: LG V20 software update, Sprint Default/id

dont believe you can..most of those can be disabled so they never pop up and use battery..if its a carrier specific device meaning it was purchased from Sprint then its going to have those on it one way or another.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've taken your advice and decided to just have the apps disabled, though this "Unable to install all contents; 1Code: 400" keeps popping up no matter what.

GrandMaster

make sure you are in a fully covered area and on your dial pad type in ##BRAND# into your dial pad. let it fully go through its uploads and hopefully that will take care of that code popping up. usually that pops up when its not able to fully download some of the built in content or the phone is not sensing some of it making it think its not there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This won't wipe my phone entirely will it?
GrandMaster

no BRAND is a carrier specific code that reloads the carrier apps etc.

main reason you want to be in a good coverage area..dont think it works the same if you try to do it over wifi. it needs to pull Sprints info back into the phone since something isnt loading right which in turn is kicking you out that code.

however if you decided to take your phone to another carrier and up and decided to put that code in you would be running into issues left and right..so only use this on rare occasions like this while you are with Sprint.

Wizard

No, it won't. You are safe to proceed.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I put it the code, it resets my phone and yet the error code still pops up. Thank you for helping though

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat