cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30+ Oreo Update Bluetooth Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG V30+ Oreo Update Bluetooth Issues

I'm having the same issue a lot of people are having since the Oreo update with bluetooth.

Factory reset, clearing the cache and data for Bluetooth 8.0.0/Bluetooth 6.20.63/Bluetooth Midi Service 8.0.0, ejecting my storage card, turning off bluetooth scanning, turning off bluetooth file sharing, turning off bluetooth SmartShare Beam, changing bluetooth options in Developer options, and excluding bluetooth from power savings have not fixed the issue.

Once every 45 seconds to two minutes, the sound will cut out and back on when listening to any sound producing app on bluetooth on any bluetooth listening device. I'm just posting this so it has visibility, but it seems that on other carrier's websites, the buck is being passed between them and LG with neither party wanting to rectify the situation. It seems that LG has not posted anywhere themselves that they know the issue is occurring.

I listen to audio on my phone almost exclusively on bluetooth, and this is a big issue for me. I just want it fixed, my phone replaced, or a different phone, as there are many people with the issue, it's been going on for a while, and no one has been able to lock down a permanent solution.

Note: I made a new topic due to my reply in another one being auto removed (most likely for posting links where other people are having the same issue.)

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you ever receive an answer to this? I'm having same issue and have tried all the "fixes" I've found online.
Highlighted

Good morning. I would like to look into this and see why this is happening. Have you done any troubleshooting to try and fix the issue?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted

I'm using bluetooth headphones but the sound keeps stuttering every few seconds, very annoying. I've tried unpairing and repairing, clearing the bluetooth cache and data, and changing the bluetooth avrcp version in developer options. Same issue. I've read where some users have done a total reset on the phone and that doesn't help either.  Seems to be an issue with the Oreo OS update.

Highlighted

Hmm, that's very weird. I'd like to do some research to see if there's a fix. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted

Thank you.

Highlighted

No problem. We will be in contact.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Highlighted

Does anyone on your account have this phone as well?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Highlighted

Yes, both my wife and I.
Highlighted

Does this happen anytime you use your Bluetooth or does it happen when you use it on specific things?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Highlighted

My wife's works in her car.  I don't use mine in car.  Hers and mine do not work when trying to use headphones.  My work phone (iPhone) works fine however with the headphones.

Highlighted

So the issue happens whenever you use your headphones on both phones correct?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat