cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG X Power Loud beep

Journeyman RS1
Journeyman

LG X Power Loud beep

I've had my LG X Power for about 3 months now. I noticed on occasion at 9:02 a.m. It would give a single loud beep. For awhile I thought it was the Wi-Fi relay at work near my workstation making the noise. 

Yesterday it beeped at 9:02 a.m. Last night I took a walk and turned up the volume control for media in my settings but muted the phone to ringtones and notifications.

This morning I was checking the phone and it beeped extremely loud in my hand at 9:02 a.m. The only setting that had the volume up was the music and games, etc. settings. I checked it for alerts but the only indicator that had popped up was that GPS indicator which disappeared about 30 seconds later.

I'm wondering if the loud beep is some sort of 24 hour GPS locator check in.  Anyhow, its very disruptive to me and my co workers.  If there is a way to stop it from doing that, I would like to know. I'll try muting the music setting and see what happens tomorrow at 9:02 a.m.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman RS1
Journeyman

Re: LG X Power Loud beep - Update

UPDATE - OK I put all the volume sliders down except for the "Music, Video, Games & Other Media" slider.  The phone beeped again.  This time there was no GPS notification so I don't think it's related.  No notifications or anything popped up.  It beeped at 9:01 today.  I wonder if it varies slightly each day or if its getting faster over time.  Anyhow, not sure why the phone needs the need to beep at 9:01-02 every morning for no reason.. Just trying to get it to stop. 

Sprint Social Care

Good Morning RS1! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That's really odd. Have you tried using your phone in safe mode? Follow the steps below:

• Firstly, hold down the Power key for a short while.
  • When the appropriate menu appears choose Restart and confirm it.
  • While the phone is rebooting keep holding Volume Down key.
  • Release Volume Down as soon as phone is turned on again.
  • Congratulations! ...
  • If you want to quit this mode simply restart your device.

When you boot your phone into Safe mode, it doesn’t run any third-party apps installed on your device. If your smartphone has been acting up or doing some crazy stuff, this the best way to find out if a third party app is doing so.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman RS1
Journeyman

Jeffrey,

Thank you for your reply.  I followed the instructions above.  My phone didn't tell me it was in safe mode and nothing looked different so its possible I did it wrong,  however, the phone continues to beep at 9:01 a.m. unless I mute the last slider.  It is very strange indeed. 

I will try again over the next few days.  I only get to try it once daily.

Sprint Social Care

Understood! Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman RS1
Journeyman

I've been keeping an eye on my phone around 8:59 a.m. 9:03 a.m.   I am beginning to suspect the Cisco Jabber app. It is a workplace based messaging, phone app.  I only had it installed about a month ago, about the same time I noticed the beeping noise. Perhaps it activates itself automatically each day around 9 a.m.  The beginning of the workday.   I'll try disabling the app for now and see if that makes a difference.

Understood. Please, do keep us posted if disabling/uninstalling this app stopped the beeping. Look forward to reading back from you.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman RS1
Journeyman

I'm going to go ahead and say the Cisco Jabber app is the culprit here. Since deactivating it, the morning 9:01 a.m. beeps have stopped.  I'll need to follow the issue up with our IT guy.  Thanks, Sprint, particularly, Kelvin for your care in this matter.  It's nice to know a company stands behind its products and service.

Sprint Social Care

We are glad to know that your issue was resolved. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat