cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG phones

Journeyman

LG phones

I sent a comment last week,but I have not seen a response.I have two LG remarq phones.I bought them sight unseen.They have not been used because I or my employees do not like them.Is there anything I can do with them? Mike Underhill 317-339-9007 

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: LG phones

Under the Sprint Free Guarantee you can return them within 30 days to the point of purchase, If you bought them from Sprint(online or in store) If they have not been activated you will not be charged the $35 restocking fee. If purchased from a third party you need to return them there and they may charge a restocking fee.

http://shop.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/guarantee/index.html?ECID=vanity:guarantee

Journeyman

I just got an LG Rumor Touch phone today.  I do not like it at all.  It did not cost me anything to get it.  I do not like that I am going to be charged $35 to return it.  How am I supposed to know if I am going to like it before I activate it?

Wizard

Customer reviews play a large role in my phone selection.  That's how I chose the Optimus.  I think that's the best way to sift through the phones.  Also, many Sprint stores have display models you can play with.  That's how I chose not to get the Transform.

If there is something wrong with your phone, they may replace it with a different model without charging the $35 (but they will charge the price difference).

Journeyman

There isn't anything mechanically wrong with my phone.  The problem is with me being able to figure out how to use the phone.  I did look at the display models at a store.  I liked the full keyboard.  The display phones were not turned on.  I couldn't tell how much I would dislike the touchscreen and menus.

Have you read the manual. My sister has the Rumor Touch and loves it!!! It is very easy to use. Also you can go to the store and they can show you how to use it. Did you ask a respresentative to show you how it works before buying?

Journeyman

After my initial freak out I did read the manual.  I have not found it easy to use.  It takes too many steps to get to what I need.  It takes me at least 3 tries to slide to unlock.  I bought it online because it was free but it would have cost $50 in a store.  I did look at a model at a store beforehand.  I liked the full keyboard.  The models at the store were not on so I was not able to attempt to navigate the menus.  I think I have almost figured it out but still not a huge fan.

Well, it was a mistake, but in the future don't just get something because its free. If you don't need a phone right then then research on what's being offered.

Journeyman

It was definitely a mistake.  I am either going to return this phone and get a different one or more likely return to using my old phone again.  I'd never had a touch screen before so I didn't know it wouldn't be for me.  I don't actually need a new phone.  I gave into the temptation of free.  Thank you for your comments.

Wizard

That's a huge bummer.  Buying a new phone should be an enjoyable experience.  That's too bad about your situation.

At my Sprint store, the representatives spend time with customers getting to know what they expect out of a phone and how they plan to use it.  Then they help the customer pick a device that best meets their criteria. However, if a customer says "I would like to purchase the Transform" they are not going to say "The Optimus is a better phone for less money".  If the customer makes a decision, they won't argue, but they will help if asked.  Sometimes, that's worth the extra $50.  After all, now you are out $35 anyway to trade your phone in.

Let me close with the observation that not all Sprint stores are alike.  There is good and bad customer service because there are people who care and those who don't.  I hope everything turns out well for you in the end.

Journeyman

Thanks for your support.  First time I have had a bad experience.  I've been with sprint 6 years.  I have learned a lot from this experience.

I'm planning on going to a Sprint store tomorrow.  I want to see if someone can help me navigate new phone and look at other phones.  I will be making a decision about new phone in next day.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat