cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG rumor touch turning off

Journeyman

LG rumor touch turning off

My lg rumor touch keeps turning off on its own and then back on i would say everying 30 sec to a min... I have taken the batt. out waited a few min and then put it back in.  seems to fix for a little while but then the phone starts doing it again... any advice??????

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: LG rumor touch turning off

Mine does that every now and then. Finally it turned off and never came back on so it had to be replaced. Make sure you update the phone like once a month to be safe. (GO UNDER TOOLS AND SELECT UPDATE PHONE). Hope this helps

Journeyman

thank you... yea i did that ... so i called and they didnt say anything.. but i finally got a chance to charge my phone and then it stopped doing it for now anyways..so i think it was a batt issue i hope so anyway .... thank you so much for the reply!

Journeyman

My phone does the same thing.  It's fine when it's fully charged, but then as soon as it loses a bar, it continues to power on and off approximately every 5-10 minutes and sometimes more often.  Any ideas?

Journeyman

thats better then mine because mine has been saying please wait and then it shuts off and then turns on and does the same thing and i can not get no help with it at all

Journeyman

yea for some reason their technical support agents are NOT trained wat so ever in doing any type of troubleshooting, i had to give them the idea of walking me througha factory reset, which did not help at all, but made it worse.  I ended up just taking my phone to the store and they replaced it, and gave me a new batt. becasue i told them i thought the batt was the problem.  ever since then i havent had any problems with it shutting off.  one think i noticed is if i kept it charging that would help to stop it from shutting off, thats why i got the new batt. I cant wait till I can upgrade so I can get a new phone! Otherwise I really like this phone! Hope this helps sorry your having problems

Journeyman

I just got mine today.  Can you still update your phone if you have internet access blocked on the phone?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat