cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg Rumor Touch . APP STORE ?

Journeyman

Hey im so confused

does sprint app store suck .. or they just really have no apps for my LG RUMOR  TOUCH ?

please help

how do i get apps for it?

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Lg Rumor Touch . APP STORE ?

Try getjar.com   Sprint partnered with them not long ago.

Journeyman

Just skip the app store and get around it:

Go read

Install Non-Virgin Mobile Java Apps on LG Rumor Touch Free!

This will give you some serious freedom! if you apply it.

Journeyman

I tried the getjar.com but that doesn't seem to work.  Everytime i tried to download a game it said something like 3rd party apps not supported by sprint services.......or something like that.

Journeyman

Myxer.com might have something..?

Journeyman

Myxer.com kinda works. Ive used it but about 85% of the apps either wont download or when i get them downloaded i cant use my touch screen.

Journeyman

I went from a rant to a upgrade that was a LG rumor touch phone the person I spoke with made me think that this was a smart-phone the LG rumor touch Phone is not a smart- phone its just a touch phone what it says so you cannot download app's it took me talking to more than a dozen reps and tech supports to find this out. I'm sending it back and getting it replaced with a samsung entercept sprints service has been good up until know not that I did not like the touch it just was not the phone I thought I was getting so if you want to get app's you must get a smart phone this samsung is what I think is the phone for me

Journeyman

Well the intercept is VERY similar to the Rumor Touch. I have the rumor touch and my bestie has the intercept. The intercept is a smart phone and is older than the rumor touch. The rumor touch USED to be a smart phone. That why it has the apperance and similar capabilites as a smart phone. And it does have apps...its just a little weird than a blackberry, android, or smartphone would be. However, the same way the apps appear on the Rumor Touch, is EXACTLY how they look on the intercept. Just so you wont be surprised or anything.

Tryna help!

Journeyman

Put a folder called "APPS" on the sd card put the jar and jad files in it and you can run them from  "media card" in My Stuff and it installs the app depending in either applications or game. I put a bunch on my phone. Now if I could just figure out how to get message tones to load on the phone. I have custom ringers w/video 3g2 using video ringers but can't get tones for the messages to work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

send them sms to your phone and then you will be able to add them

You can go to rumortouchowners.com  and it will tell you how to put apps on your phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat