Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at the LG V20 , A LG Fanboy’s Dream Come True - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Looking at the LG V20 , A LG Fanboy’s Dream Come True - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So I won’t deny.  I am a total LG Fanboy.  I love all LG devices I’ve ever touched and that being known, this first look will be a little biased.  There will be moments where LG can do no wrong and all LG touches becomes, bright, awesome and magical.  That seriously because I LOVE me some LG products.

1.jpg

However, try not to be put off by that.  I also have lots of great experience comparing all previous LG models to date and can confidently give you all the reasons why the LG V20 is reigning top dog at the moment.  To illustrate this better, I want to compare the V20 to another one of my recent favorites… the LG G5.  Both are awesome devices but here are some definite things that make the V20 pull ahead.

Hardware Overview:

The LG V20 goes super-size with a 5.7” Quad HD Display which significantly boosts over the LG G5’s 5.3” display.  Resolutions for both flagships are identical 2,560 X 1,440.  However, the G5 does show slightly better PPI (Pixels per Inch) 554 vs. 513 (likely scaled with the size of the screen).  I’ve used both devices and both have nice sharp bright displays.  The LG V20 just has more to go around.

Both the LG V20 and LG G5 have the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 820 processor and 4GB of RAM.  However the LG V20 has a monstrous 64GB of Internal memory vs the G5’s 32GB.  Both have the ability to expand storage up to a 2TB micro SD card.  Both of these models are super swift as equipped and rest assured you’ll have plenty of muscle to run all your favorite apps and games.

Camera-wise both the LG V20 and G5 have awesome cameras.   The rear camera of the V20 and G5 are 16MP or 8 MP 135 Degree Wide Angle Lens.  However the LG V20 has also opened up the front camera to a 5 MP 120 Degree wide angle lens (which I think is super cool) and gave a better f-stop of f/1.9 for even better low-light selfies.

The battery of the LG V20 is 3,200 mAh vs the LG G5’s 2,800 mAh and both include an LG Fast Charger capable of 5.0V @ 1.8A and fast charging 9.0V @ 1.8A.  Comparing the two I found battery life to be fairly similar and both seem to coast easily through a workday.

The LG V20 is a little heavier (6.14 oz) than the LG G5 (5.61 oz) but you won’t question the all metal construction.  It feels solid. I like solid.

Both the LG V20 and LG G5 have quick and responsive fingerprint readers that allow for Android Pay and other biometric enhanced apps.

Software Highlights:

You’ll be happy to know the LG V20 kicks up to the latest Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS and LG UX 5.0+ which is the next generation as compared to the LG G5’s Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and LG UX 5.0.

If you haven’t played with an Android 7.0 enabled device you’re in for a treat as there are a lot of practical enhancements you’ll end up using each day including enhancements with text messages, even more emojiis, better battery management and lots of other goodies to discover.  This alone is big selling point. Nothing wrong with Marshmallow but Nougat is just even better.

Much of the great LG elements have also returned with the LG V20 Knock on work great (if you are used to using it).  You still have my favorite alarm clock chime (Acappella Good Morning), Quick Remote, LG Friend Manager, LG Health, LG Backup and many more favorites.

All and all, if you are a Fanboy like me… you should be in utter bliss right now.   If you are new to LG, there is no better way to start.  Keep checking back weekly and I’ll expand on another great part of the V20.  I’ve never been so excited share the knowledge. Life is Good indeed.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat