cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus issues?

Journeyman

Lotus issues?

Hello Everybody,

Has anyone had a lot of problems with their LG Lotus?  I have already had 3 replacements as it chooses to freeze up power off on it's own and not restart until I manually do so even if it has a full charged battery.  Sometimes it flat out freezes and you have to take the battery out.  I am just curious if I am the only one with the worst luck with this phone.  I would get a new phone if I could but this one isn't all that old and I can't afford a new phone since I was laid off and the employer failed to pay us.

Kellie

Tags (3)
25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: Lotus issues?

I am on Lotus #5 in less than a year.  The last time I was told they could give me a comparable phone (the Reclaim) but when I went to pick it up... there was the Lotus and the guy said they could not give me the Reclaim.  Within a few hours the 5th phone had the same problems.  The calls don't come thru, random reboots etc.  I have 1 more year in my contract and I am done with Sprint.

Journeyman

My wife's just started doing the same thing now it won't even power up.  Sounds like this is a common theme with the Lotus judging by the other posts.

Journeyman

i took my lotus to sprint repair store monday after my 3rd one crashed.they cleaned it and said i had spilled pop or something dark, sticky in it.but how convenient, they cleaned it up before showing me. i dont believe them.not after 3.but they did get it back up and going,except that once i left, i then noticed it did power up but no1 could here me.even if i screamed.when i took it back, they said to me that it wasnt defect in phone so i would have to pay $50 deductible for insurance. i will never own another lg phone again after this nightmare.sad that sprint wont stand up for their customers and demand a recall or refund or sumthing from lg.

Journeyman

I have emailed the CEO Don Hesse of Sprint serveral times and with each persons responses,  and he does not respond.  I think we all need to do something  to get our money back or a new phone through sprint of a different brand to make things right since they sold all of us faulty phones knowingly.  I even gave the idea to resolve this of a $25 gift card which would cover the tax of an upgrade of a different phone for the customers who were sold these faulty phones.  Are any of you an Attorney or know anyone who would be interested in helping? We have exhausted all are possibilities of getting this resolved and Sprint is not willing to help us. Don Hesse's email address is  DonHesse@sprint.com.  Have any of you tried the retention department? I have not called it yet.

Message was edited by: Kdearden

Journeyman

Well, I am pleasantly surprised, my wife called their tech support and they sent her a new phone overnite.  And the local Sprint store was able to recover her contacts off the old one.  So hopefully this one last until the upgrade eligibility.

Wizard

I am sorry that you've had so many problems with your Lotus.  If you will send me a private message with your contact information, I will forward your issue on to someone in Care.

The CEO of Sprint is Dan Hesse not Don and his email address dan@sprint.com.  That is probably why you haven't heard back.

Journeyman

YES!!!!!....i have been havin problems wit my lotus 4 the last couple of months. i have had 3 different phones and sprint REFUSES 2 give me A DIFFERENT phone...they wanna continue givin me replacment lotus....my issues have been the same as all u guys have stated!...i am just confused now on wut phone 2 get.

Journeyman

Yes.  The very same thing started happening to me today. I'm on the phone with Sprint now trying to resolve it....and have been on hold for at least 15 minutes....

Journeyman

I am on my second Lotus.  The first one was only about 6 months old and was crashing, I wouldn't get texts, or they would be sent to my inbox as if I had read them with no alert.  I took it in in Scottsdale and the kid who worked there had them look at it and they said they couldn't figure it out.  Then he told me to come back i month if it didn't get better (what was it a rash?  It's a phone, they don't just heal on their own).  So, I asked him, "why won't you guys help me.  I have been a customer for over 10 years and always got help in the past."  He answered, "well, we don't do that anymore, we're  abog company now."  Oh and when my dad told him he needed a blackberry without a camera, the same employee whispered to him to go find one online cheaper than at Sprint and then have it set up.  Nice.

Anyway, about a month later, my all my phone's ringers and alerts got stuck on the "One Beep" ringer for about three days.  At that point I called and they said they'd send me a replacement.  So, now I have a replacement that crashes, I still have texting problems and today I have just spent most of the day on the phone with Sprint because I can't access my email account.  It keeps saying that it can't access mobile email and then gives (S7122) reference number.  So I called two times and the guy told me finally to empty my email out of it.  So, now I cna't put it back in.  I am so angry.  I would like Sprint in good faith after being a customer for so long, to give me a diffferent phone.  I don't understand why a piece of equiptment can have a year warranty from the manufacturer, but sprint gives us used phone to replace.  ALl I can guess is that they turn the old phone in, get a new one for free from the company and turn around and sell it to new or old customers for profit. I just want a phone that works where I don't have to spend more time on calls with Sprint tech support than I do with anyone else in my life.  It's ridiculous!

Journeyman

Okay I noticed some spelling issues in my last post because I was so mad and typed too fast.  The kid at Sprint told me they couldn't help because now "Sprint is too big of a company now."  Whatever.  So I can finally get onto my email, but now I miss calls all the time.  There were at least five calls yesterday where my phone never rang.  The people who called showed me that they had called me and I was where my phone has full reception, but it never rang once.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I have never had a phone before that just didn't receive calls when it had perfect reception?  Some of these calls are important and I don't need a phone that only works some of the time.  Oh and I spoke with some friends who have ATT and whenever they have problems with their IPhones within the year warranty, they get a brand spanking new phone as a replacement, not someone else's phone that didn't work and was reconfigured and still doesn't work.  The one Sprint sent me must have been dropped because it has a ding on the top of it. 

Years ago I had a new phone that kept shutting itself off all the time and called Sprint.  They were so nice and teh guy on the phone admitted to me that that particular phone model was having problems and suggested a different phone for me.  He sent me the new phone, I sent back the faulty one and I was completely won over by Sprint's customer service.  That's why I have been loyal, but things have obviously changed.  When I called and asked if other people had been having issues with the Lotus, the person on the phone lied to me and said taht they hadn't heard of anyone having problems or sending their phones back.  Now I see on here that people have already gone through up to 5 of these LG Lotus phones?!  I am so disappointed in Sprint.

Journeyman

Been Sprint customer since 2000 the LG Lotus purchased new from store  02/2008 is my FIRST ever NEW cell phone(used to be one of those thrifty low maintenance girls). My lotus was fabulous for first 3 months! I loved it! Now, I love what it WAS and what it COULD BE and just dealing until it completely dies or I find one to purchase(not through sprint). I do not think customers should have to pay additional money for "warranty", "extended warranty", "product insurance" fees to any manufacturer or distributor. I expect that when I purchase a product(paid $150 total to set-up/purchase lotus) that it will operate as it claims it will for reasonable period of time. Stand by your products, Sprint and LG.

Issues with my LG Lotus:

The USB plug    Come on, LG, unique is not always a good thing!

@ menu option   No longer gives me options for which account I can check. The first line has an account name, the rest are "()". No matter which one I choose, I go to the inbox of whichever account I was last logged into. At least once a week, I get 3 line account options all "+e-mail address"(or similar). When I choose to do that, it gives me all accounts as options OR 1 account listed 3 times but will only let me "add" whichever happens to be at the top of the list. Because I am still able to send/receive emails, I deal with it.... But it sure would be nice to have that feature operate correctly.

No matter how many times I set, re-set, change my notification of new emails, the phone notifies when it wants to and however it wants to. Very exciting, indeed, but not really that helpful.

Ringers Volume/type    Pretty recent periodic issue. Ringers/Notification type and/or volume change without notice. The hazard with this particular issue is that, when I tell it to "silence all", I expect that the thing will in fact be SILENT. I do not expect, that as I sit in the middle of a business meeting, that my purse will start vibrating while blasting "Smack that..." at full volume. Nor do my business peers and staff. If sprint would like me to continue paying them as much cash as I have been doing every month for almost 10 years, then they should not sabotage my sole source of income by selling me defective products. This Ringer Grab-bag could be a fun & exciting  feature, but for me hasn't been so far.... when it occurs during a date(hey! I am a single 32f), super embarrassing while browsing the shelves of library,doesn't help your "not guilty" plea in traffic court, and when at 7am on a Saturday announces your return from Friday night's dinner date... nick names come on strong and fade so painfully slow.

Shutting Down for no apparent reason    Just annoying because it takes so long to get back to whatever point of whatever task you were in middle of.

Freezing   Until this post, I had thought it was just one of those things and happened to everyone with every phone. Same time annoyance as above just with added exertion of removing and re-inserting battery.

Sprint Browser    It's my phone, service that I pay for... why am I not allowed to choose which browser I use to web-surf?? In addition, I am grown and do not need sprint dictating what content is too explicit for me to view. I know what kind of "mature" images that site contains. That is why I want to visit the site!

Folders, Memory    I have pics all over the place!! Can access some by not intending to, cannot access some, have some saved everywhere, and then those that.... another one of those "grab-bag" features.

i do have a couple more, but I think they're more technology issue than defective/crappy product issues.

Thanks for letting me vent. Just knowing I am not alone in this is comforting. I will endure the next 14 months of sprints imprisonment of "service?".And if there are fixes for any of these issues listed, I would be open to hearing about them!!

Off topic:

And, then to have the audacity to charge me a "re-stocking" fee when I return a defective product (covered for replacement under that extended warranty I was forced to purchase)!!?? Does anyone remember the "attention fee" sprint used to charge for face to face service?? Quirky company with quirky phones.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat