cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus issues?

Journeyman

Re: Lotus issues?

The LG Lotus SUCKS... almost as bad as the customer service rep I just spoke with at Sprint!    I would love to put her name on here, but I'll spare her the celeb status.  She was so rude.

My Lotus has a this big black screen everytime I turn it on that says "Awaiting Data Refresh"  I contacted Sprint to have them take care of this.  Clearly, the customer service people 1) have no idea what they are doing because they could not get it to go away after 30 minutes on the phone with them  and 2) they DO NOT care about their customers or how long they have been good, paying customers.  (I'm pushing 8 years of service with them... SOON TO BE TERMINATED.)

Since the rep could not get get my phone to 'refresh' , she gave me my options:

1- She could reset my phone over the phone and I would lose all of my contacts and photos and everything else which she didn't seem to think was that big of a deal.

OR

2- I could go to a Sprint store, they could transfer my data to a card so it would be saved, then reset my phone.  Sounds good only I would have to pay $35 out of my pocket to do this!  SERIOUSLY!?

Those were my options.  Lose everything or pay $35 because my phone is a POS.  And the lovely customer service rep agreed that, Yes, my phone sucks and sorry, but that's all we can do for you.

Sorry, kdearden, I had to vent.  My LG freezes ALL THE TIME.  Sadly, the customer service rep at the Sprint store on LaSalle Street in Chicago highly suggested this phone last year when I purchased it.  It was "the best phone" blah blah blah.  About 2 months after I got it, it started shutting off for no reason in the middle of calls and then in the middle of texts, it would just freeze up.

Sorry you got sucked into the LG like me.  The only thing we can do is suggest to everyone else NOT to get this phone.  It is a POS and clearly, the Sprint customer service department doesn't care.

Journeyman

Ok well I am new to this but my lotus is about the same as everyone elses that is having problems freezin shuting off losing data after freezin and shuting down always turning having to turn it back on and when I talked to sprint they have to try and trouble shoot it and do updates... Ok so we did all that to my phone still not working any better then before and like most of you out there I dont have the money to buy another phone, I paid 200$ for this lotus and have had two in the last 9 months and both of them have the same problem. So I called a buddy of mine that worked for sprint a while back and he told me that it states in your plan or whhatever you want to call it that if sprint has to replace your phone more then once then you can choice a diffenert phone or the same phone FOR FREE only up to a year of having your phone... So when I called sprint two days ago and they told me I had to full $ for a new phone if I didnt want this Lotus anymore or use my moms 75$ upgrade whats that going to get me??? When all there phone are 200.00$ nothing cause I don't have the money...

I'm sorry I can't help much but I think we all need to do something about this Lotus or go straight to LG and get our money back from them cause this is not wanted I paid for and nothing what I want. My first Lotus went back and never came back on and they couldn't even get my numbers off of it... or anything the only thing I had lefted of my first one was the mem card...

Take this Phone and put it in the trush and please dont buy if your thinking about just because they work for six months doesnt mean they will last the whole year!!!

Thanks    Mikayla

Journeyman

All of these negative reports really surprise me.  Am I the only person with a positive LG Lotus experience?  I purchased mine six weeks ago, and it has been performing flawlessly.  I have been using LG mobile telephones exclusively since the year 2000, and both of my earlier LG models (TP-1100 and VI-125) still function after 4-5 years each of very reliable service.

Do you have Lotus hardware Rev 1.1?  Did you upgrade to the latest software version LX600V10 released on 17 March 2009?  Are you protecting your telephone with a sturdy case?  No matter how careful you may be, it is impossible to avoid occasional dropping.  My LG Lotus is protected by a Body Glove solid plastic enclosure.  It makes the telephone a bit larger, but this allows me to grip it better and avoid slippage.  I got mine from Amazon for only $9.99 plus $4 shipping.  Avoid the flimsy silicone skins, because they will not absorb shock.

I hope these suggestions and descriptions of my experiences will offer hope to others who are considering buying any LG mobile telephone (my wife has the LG LX370).  No, I never worked for LG or Sprint.  I have been a satisfied Sprint PCS customer since 1997 when I bought my first mobile telephone (Qualcomm Q Phone).

Cheers!

Journeyman

Having my phone did not (and couldn't) help.  I personally use the hard plastic case that I got directly from Sprint.  I have had 5 Lotus phones since August.  The first lasted about 5 months, but each of the replacements one become defective within a week or 2.  When I received phone #3, I went to the mall and the phone began restarting itself within 3 hours.  It was sitting safely in my pocket the entire time.  I don't know what makes me more upset, getting phone after phone that doesn't work properly or the fact that Sprint purposfully gives me defective phone after defective phone.  I have done all of the upgrades and nothing helps.  I have always been a Sprint customer (over 9 years) but when my contract is up, I will be switching to another carrier.

Journeyman

I am so sorry you've had a bad experience with this phone. I've had my Lotus for two years and absolutely love it. Although I probably don't use as often all the applications that you do. I am forwarding your issues over to product and will update this post when I have more information for you. In the meantime, feel free to send me a PM with a link to this post, account and contact information, and I can forward to the Care department as well.

Journeyman

I too am haveing same issue now. Have had my phone about 3 months when my motherinlaw sent me a text when i went to respond my phone locked up and would not come back on just showed the lg lotus screen took out battery and let sit a minute put battery back in and same thing just showed the lg lotus screen.  called sprint they sent me a replacement phone (mind you I purchased a new phone from them its only 3 months old and Im going to get a refurbished phone) so i received this one yesterday we will see how long it lasts before it goes out.  I too asked two different people in tech support and customer service  and they both told me no one else has reported this problem or had to return the phone.  What a lie i cant tell you the amount of forums I have been on showing how many people are having this problem. I think sprint needs to do something about this I too have been customer for over 10 years.  A class action suit may have to get in place before they do anything.

Journeyman

Could you possibly help me with an issue I have with the LG Lotus LX600?   I want to be able to use the "zoom" feature on the camera but it doesnt seem to work.  What I believe is suposed to be the way to use it (when in camera mode just press the up or down arrows around the o.k. button)  Do you have a problem with this feature?   If not do you have any suggestions for me?   thanks.

Starkeeper

[removed personal info]Starkeeper@roadrunner.com

Message was edited by: SarahKS

Journeyman

Yes, you can press the navigation key up (or the side volume button) to zoom in, but the camera does only digital zoom, not optical zoom.  This means that it crops the image and scales up the pixels to fill the frame.  Therefore, if your resolution is already set at the maximum 2.0 megapixels (1600x1200), there are no more pixels to perform digital zooming.  This is noted on page 95 of the LG Lotus User Guide.

Please understand that digital zoom is a simulation that reduces picture quality.  I shoot all my LG photos at 2.0 megapixels, and then crop them on my PC using a photo editor if I want to remove unwanted portions of the image.  See the following article to learn more about how digital zoom works.

http://tfpsoft.com/fun/digitalcameraguide/digitalversusopticalzoom.html

Cheers!

Journeyman

My wifes Lotus SUCKS!!! She doesn't get txts most of the time, when she does get txts.....its hours after they were sent!! Her phone also freezes up, shuts itself off, and ringtones are randomly turned off, voicemail notification is also hit & miss, sometimes she gets them most times she doesn't!! Calls don't come through, she uses her phone for work so when she misses a call, she gets reprimanded! She is on her 3rd one, Sprint has been rude, not helpful, but wants your money every month!! She can't upload pics to Face Book.......the list goes on & on........I think that someone needs to fix the problem!!!!

Journeyman

i totally understand! its like sprint dosent value lotus customers, we gotta deal with all the drama from this phone not them. i think its so unfare we pay for something and were not happy with its performance and sprint wont do anthing to make it better but give us another defective phone.

Journeyman

TRADE IT IN FOR THE LG RUMOR TOUCH!  BE A LOT HAPPIER, AND ITS FREE WON'T COST YOU A CENT!  THATS WHAT I WOULD DO I GOT THE RUMOR AND HAVE HAD IT FOR ALMOST 2YRS NOW CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PHONE FOR WHAT IT DOES TEXT AND CALL ITS A SWEET PHONE....GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Journeyman

hey kelly,

everything working fine with your phone now?  make any changes.  curious to know thank you.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat