cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS over WIFI on V20

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMS over WIFI on V20

I have read several posts in other topics about Sprint having issues with Androids and sending/receiving MMS messages over WIFI. I have this issue no matter what router I am connected to, whether it be my home, work, at a bar, sisters house, etc.  I work for an international IT company and have done research as much as I can find. Tried Textra and that also did not work at all. IT is rather frustrating as the Sprint network map isn't completely true and I do not have service most places that I spend the majority of each day at(ie. home and work).  Is there any other sort of work around or anything to get this to work? Co-workers tend to group message a lot and I'm always running outside on break to grab an LTE signal download everything and play catch up.  The random service drops and this issue has been my only complaint since getting the V20 besides having to do a factory reset for the process com.android.phone

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

https://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs-about-WiFi-Calling/173e331f-8423-453e-93cb-4688f6a91... . specifically ~~~>>> Can I send text messages over Wi-Fi? Android phones: Both SMS (text) and MMS (pictures and group texts) messaging is supported in Wi-Fi Calling mode.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Apparently their Tech Experts say that is not true. Thank you for the information and listening to me ramble. It really has me about ready to up and switch carriers.
Highlighted

like my signature says i do not work for Sprint but i have been part of this site for a VERY long time. if i run into device issues i can not figure out i jump onto the site here. WAY better chances of getting it figure d out from peer to peer or the agents in here rather than calling in. not that calling in wont fix a lot of the issue one might run into but i have had way better odds in here in comparison. one other thing to do when you run into an issue is locate the forum dedicated for example that particular device as you did..scan through the list of threads looking for similar complaints..if you dont really see any the odds that its mainly happening with your device only just went up...which helps narrow things down a bit.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

way to lazy to scan back up and read..but you use Google Voice or no?
Highlighted

I do not use Google Voice and I have read some stuff about that breaking the MMS download from other sites I did research on before coming here.
I 100% agree that is why I posted here first before contacting them again. Figured someone else actually knows what they're talking about. I know they are 3rd partied in as support anyways. Just love that they told me exactly the opposite of what the link you sent shows. And I have the screenshots to prove it lol.
Highlighted

yeah...i avoid calling in like the plague. hrm..boot into safe mode then reconnect to WIFI/WFC and send yourself a pic..i know for a fact it worked fine for me..so theres gotta be something boogering it up on your end..just gotta figure out what.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat