Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Adobe Flash for LG Optimus-S?

Journeyman

Re: Need Adobe Flash for LG Optimus-S?

mtxrooster

I have the same as you.

Are you able to RUN flash content on your Opt-S?  I cannot even find Flash in the Market on my Opt-S, where you get it?

Journeyman

LEVI: I will try to find Scanner Radio later tonight when I have more time (after my kids are in bed LOL!). I will let you know how/if it works. Thanks for the tip!

MTX: I just go to Radioreference.com, hit the "You need Adobe, download it here" link, and I get "The requested item could not be found." Same as when I go directly to Adobe's site and attempt to download it from there.

And yeah, what BK said, where did you find Adobe in the market?? That's the 2nd place I went and I cound't find it.

As for my phone, it's less than 2 months old. I will check it's vital's against yours later, again when I have time. :-)

Thanks all, will keep you posted and any more ideas, bring 'em on!

Karen

Master

Adobe has decided not to support the CPU that is used in the Lg Optimus S. Same thing with the CPUs in the Sanyo Zio, Samsung Transform and Samsung Intercept.

I don't know why specifically, but it's probably related to smooth performance. These CPUs probably can't maintain steady performance so they have chosen not to support them.

Flash will not appear in the Market for devices that do not have Android 2.2 and a supported processor.

Journeyman

I didn't download anything on the Optimus.  There are other acceptable protocols to stream with, which I'm guessing is the case for the app I listed.  An example of this is that we all know youtube uses flash, right? (yes).  BUT - There is an app on the Optimus (the youtube app) which streams the same videos seen on their site just fine without any problems to the Optimus S, NOT using flash.  The only possibility could be (and I don't know, just throwing it out there) is that maybe the phone has Flash lite installed?  Still, no idea why you can't get that app to work - Has to be either something outdated on yoru phone, or something you tried (successfully or not) to install, if it still doesn't work later when you try again.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure all those apps are streaming from the same source that rf.com is also streaming from.. Only difference in them would/might be the method or protocol they are using..

The previous poster is correct..  At least for Flash 10.x, Adobe has stated the processor in the Optimus S is just not powerful enough to support Flash, but that doesn't mean future versions won't have support.  It's a waiting game, but you should go to Adobe's site and voice your concern, never know, it may help..

Really weird how it's not working.. Can't wrap my mind around why mine works and your didn't..  Could some other Optimus S owners try it and see if it works for them (the app I linked above).  Really curious..  Wonder if maybe you just picked a bad stream or something?  Maybe the one you selected was just down or something?  Not sure it would cause that error though..  Let me know what happens when you try again, will be looking.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally had time to play... Went to Android Market and chose the free version of Scanner Radio (Gordon Edwards) - lots of positive reviews of it out there. After initially getting "Could Not Connect", it worked like a charm! I can hone right in on the suburban stations I want to hear and listened all day at work yesterday!!

You can't open two feeds at once, like you can on the real Radioreference.com, so I probably missed a few calls that crossed over from city/county, but other than that it rocks!

Thanks for everyone's input, it's much appreciated!

Karen

Message was edited by: KARENMURNANE1

Journeyman

Does any phone have adobe flash

Journeyman

I downloaded adobe flash on my omptimus phone but then nothing else on phone worked so I took it out

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat