cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Maintenance Release (MR) for the LG Lotus - version LX600v10 now available

Highlighted
Wizard

New Maintenance Release (MR) for the LG Lotus - version LX600v10 now available

A software update is available for download for the Lotus. Please verify that your phone is running the latest software version LX600V10.

This update addresses random power cycling issues.

To check the version of software your Lotus is using, perform the following steps:

1. Press the Menu/OK key to access the main menu.
2. Select Settings, and then press the Menu/OK key.
3. Select Phone Info, and then press the Menu/OK key.
4. Select Version, and then press the Menu/OK key. The software version is listed in the format LX600VXX.

NOTE: If your device is out of date by two or more versions, you need to update your device with each version newer than the one installed on your device. For example, if the current version is 7 and your device has version 5, then you need to update your device twice, once for version 6 and then once for version 7.

To update your Lotus to version LX600v10, perform the following steps:

1. Press the Menu/OK key to access the main menu.
2. Select Tools, and then press the Menu/OK key.
3. Select Update Phone, and then press the Menu/OK key.
4. Select Update Firmware, and then press the Menu/OK key. The message Checking for update appears.

NOTE: You are prompted to install the update after it is downloaded to the device.

Message Edited by SarahKS on 04-03-2009 01:02 PM

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: New Maintenance Release (MR) for the LG Lotus - version LX600v10 now available

Ok I'm trying to update my lotus to the most recent update. It downloaded it and now it keeps telling me that a firmware package is ready to install and then tells me that it will take about 5 minutes to do this. I press ok and my phone keeps resetting and looks like it starts all over. Is that supposed to happen or is something going wrong.

Message Edited by wlady1999 on 04-16-2009 08:19 AM

Journeyman

Re: New Maintenance Release (MR) for the LG Lotus - version LX600v10 now available

It is suppose to shutdown after it installs, then power back up.

Journeyman

I have version 08, and I have tried and tried and tried to install updates and either get "network timeout. Please try again: or "secure socket failed" or "no firmware update available". I also cannot connect to upload pictures. I have verified that I have not blocked data transfer, but still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Journeyman

This isb

Journeyman

Currently I have LX600V08 on my Lotus. I have received update messages from sprint and have followed the directions to the letter to download and install V10. Every time I try I get "error code 1050 socket connection failed". I am getting very frustrated. I even checked to make sure my data settings were turned on. I would really really appreciate some help with this.

Journeyman

I finally had to take my phone in to the local Sprint store to have the upgrade downloaded. They didn't have any problems so I don't know why it wouldn't download for me.

Journeyman

Thank you for the tip Karlaj1. I went to the sprint store today and said they had to order new software for this problem and they had to wait. Call in tech service couldn't resolve it either. oh well

Journeyman

I went to the Sprint store for the reloading problem and socket errors (1050) and they basically told me to send it back to LG and "Sorry but we can't help you". This is 7 months after getting the phone in the mail. The service is lousy. Does anyone know where to send the Phone to (Besides the trash can) ?

Journeyman

I can not use my phone at all, in fact my phone restarts itself if I try to do anything!!!  I tried to upgrade my firmware a few days ago when it would only restart itself every now and then, & I am 2 versions behind, and then received the error code 1050 socket connection failed. Found only this one article to help me, and it doesn't sound promising.  Coincidentally I'm due for an upgrade...hmmm....really annoying, really inconvenient!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat