cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimus S - Can't change voicemail provider to Google Voice

Highlighted
Journeyman

Optimus S - Can't change voicemail provider to Google Voice

In my prior experience with Android phones, when you setup Google Voice, it offers to change your default voicemail provider.  It would send you to the Settings -> Call Settings page.  Normally, you'd have a "Voicemail Service" option to select a different voicemail service than Sprint's default.  Here I'd select Google Voice.

Unfortunately, the option is blocked or missing on my LG Optimus S.  I'd like to see this fixed in a maintenance update.

Message was edited by: KMBULEBU

2 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Optimus S - Can't change voicemail provider to Google Voice

I just got my LG Optimus today, and was wracking my brain to figure out what I was missing/doing wrong. I'd also like to see this fixed, ASAP! Let's hope they do...

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Optimus S - Can't change voicemail provider to Google Voice

You just have to set it up using conditional call forwarding.

Dial *28nnnnnnnnnn where the n's are your Google Voice number.  That'll send ring-no-answer and busy calls to your Google Voice box free of charge.

You can read more about the Call Forwarding options at:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Use_Call_Forwarding_on_your_Sprint_phone/case-wh164052-201...

Thanks!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat