cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimus S Screen won't time out when plugged in

Journeyman

Optimus S Screen won't time out when plugged in

My phone screen won't time out when it's plugged in. It will dim, but won't actually turn off. I have it set to time out in 1 minute without activity and it goes off when its using the battery. This is my second Optimus S in a month, the ringer died on my first one. The screen would time out on that one. The software is updated and it running android 2.2.1. As of now, I have a live wallpaper so it won't burn an image in the screen. What do I do?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Optimus S Screen won't time out when plugged in

when you plug your phone in, you should see the usb symbol at the top of the screen (the notification bar). Drag that bar open, and you should see "USB debugging connected." Click on that and you will see "Stay awake" (keeps screen on while charging). Uncheck this box

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Optimus S Screen won't time out when plugged in

Perhaps try this:

From a home screen press Menu, Settings, Applications, Development, and make sure that the "Stay Awake' option is not checked.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat