cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimus S - Sprint ID Failure(s)

Journeyman

Optimus S - Sprint ID Failure(s)

New Optimus owner (11/30). First Sprint ID downloaded fine. Nothing since. Met with "Network unavailable" message. Thought the Optimus S was the flagship Sprint ID phone. Can't seem to get an answer for this. Is it a known limitation/failure?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Optimus S - Sprint ID Failure(s)

If your Optimus is connected to a WiFi network, it will disable the Sprint Wireless network.

The Sprint ID Packs and other "Sprint Zone" services such as Sprint TV are availble only through Sprint Wireless, and when you have WiFi enabled, your phone's connection to the Sprint Wireless service is not available (hence the error).  The users manual doesnt say anything about this.  Sprint specially encrypts the data to the phone for those services, and apparently their encryption process isnt possible through a WiFi connection.  This is pretty frustrating since 3G isnt so strong at my house, and my WiFi has such greater download speed.

Suggestion:  If you have the WiFi enabled in the Optimus wireless settings, turn this off and try again.

I hope this helps,

Ashton

Message was edited by: ashton504

Journeyman

If your stuck on the ID screen like I was than simply unplug your router. The default for your phone is 3G when no wifi networks are available. Kind of felt silly searching everywhere for answers.

Journeyman

deadmarz wrote:

If your stuck on the ID screen like I was than simply unplug your router. The default for your phone is 3G when no wifi networks are available. Kind of felt silly searching everywhere for answers.

Or even more simply just turn off wifi on your phone.

Message was edited by: JCSANDERS1110

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat