cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LG G2 disconnecting bluetooth intermittently

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem with LG G2 disconnecting bluetooth intermittently

I have had this phone for about a year and have been more than happy with it until the last 2 weeks or so. About 15 times a day I am getting a pop up "Unfortunately, Bluetooth has stopped". Originally I was thinking it was cause by my Bose headset but when I used another headset I am getting the same error message. It even comes up if there is no bluetooth connected to the phone. I have not installed any new apps recently that could be causing it, but I did recently install an update. What can I do to correct this issue? It is quite annoying!

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Master

Re: Problem with LG G2 disconnecting bluetooth intermittently

cincybs,

Thank you for reaching out. Let's do some troubleshooting. Please clear the cache then enter ##72786# on the phone so that it will reboot. Let me know the results.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Jewel, I tried what you recommended and I am still having the same issue and I do not have a headset connected.

Highlighted
Master

cincybs We recommend that you take the device to the nearest Sprint Repair Center for a full diagnostic test. Please locate your closest repair center by visiting http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx- Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same annoying issue. My bluetooth keeps cycling on and off every 10 - 25 seconds. Pop up is annoying and blocks from being able to use phone. Please help

Highlighted
Master

OC2NC - Are you referring to the Bluetooth option on the phone or the physical Bluetooth device is power cycling? - Krista
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello - the bluetooth on my phone. The bluetooth keeps turning on and off in very short cycles giving me the same notification as the other user in this thread.

Highlighted
Master

OC2NC - I am sorry about your experience. Have you tried turning bluetooth off and updating the phone by dialing ##72786#? Please try these steps and keep me posted. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Bluetooth problem is caused by the software update. Please do something about it. Can we go back to old version?

Highlighted
Master

amonc108,

I'm happy to help. Have you had the device checked out by a tech in a service and repair store? They may be able to re-flash the software on the device for you. For the store nearest you please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator. Let me know how it goes.

- Laura
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Deleted the tile app and fix my bluetooth issue. Dont know if other people had this problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue.  Can you tell me how/where you deleted the tile app?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat