Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LG G2 disconnecting bluetooth intermittently

Highlighted
Master

Re: Problem with LG G2 disconnecting bluetooth intermittently

pos7878,

When did you start having issues? Also do a power cycle on the device and try to reconnect to the blue tooth.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It started about a month ago and it happens intermittently.  I've power cycled it, turned off apps, etc.  I'm SO frustrated.  I took it to the Sprint store last week and they said it was a software issue.  I have a Jawbone UP24 I'm trying to sync.  It worked a couple of weeks ago, but everytime I try to sync I get the error message, "Unfortunately, bluetooth has stopped."  I've tried turning wifi on and off, I've spent at least an hour trying different things.  I tried the suggestions in the previous posts and nothing is working.  Suggestions please???

Journeyman

Hey pos7878,

The Tile app was a third party app that i downloaded from the google play store.

If you haven't installed it maybe look at the last couple apps you installed before you started having issues.

Tile uses the bluetooth to communicate with their bluetooth devices that are sold separately.

Look for apps that have bluetooth features. It may not be your phone but instead an app that wasn't tested on the G2 that is causing your issues.

Highlighted
Master

JGrosshans - Let us know if you have any questions. - Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having this same problem.  This issue started around the end of December.  I first started noticing the error just randomly popping up on my phone, even if I was not connected to a device.

This has also started happening when I am in my car.  I will be listening to Pandora and it will randomly stop playing on the car and cut to just on the phone, then on it's own reconnect back to car a few moments later and keep repeating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a confirmed bug in Android 4.4.2 and unless Sprint and LG decide to update this phone past 4.4.2 there is no fix.  It is confirmed by Google and fixed (issue #67272) but now we are at the mercy of Sprint and LG to release a firmware update.

Basically, as you use the phone the Bluetooth low-energy feature scans for new devices. Each time it finds a device that it hasn't seem before it logs that device.  That log file can hold the addresses of 1989 Bluetooth devices.  The bug is that in Android 4.4.2 there is no mechanism to reset that log file or to accommodate additional devices by doing a first-in, first-out type overwriting of the file. If your log file fills up to 1989 devices then the 1990th device the phone sees will crash Bluetooth on the device.

That is why this problem is just surfacing now over a year after the phone was released.  It takes a long time for the phone to see 1989 unique Bluetooth devices.  Those that travel a lot or have their phones in a retail environment will get this error sooner due to all of the Bluetooth beacons that exist in public spaces.

Options:

1) You can reboot your phone. You will be able to connect to your own Bluetooth devices but the problem will return as soon as your phone sees a new Bluetooth device.

2) You can reset your phone to factory condition (which will reset the log file) and rebuild your apps and data from scratch.  You'll get a fresh set of 1989 devices to see before the problem will surface again.

3) [Content removed]

4) [Content removed]

5) You can wait until Sprint and LG actually fixes the issue, which basically means if/when the G2 gets the lollipop update.

6) Buy a new phone that has at least Android 4.4.4 on it.

Message was edited by: Admin SeaWolf
Please review Community guidelines.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, this is a lovely thing to find out at a business conference full of people with Bluetooth devices....thank you for the explanation. Looks like I'll be wiping my phone when I get home....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat