cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumor 2 Fatal Error: HELP!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rumor 2 Fatal Error: HELP!

I was talking on my LG Rumor 2 earlier today when the battery died. I hooked it up to the charger & attempted to turn it back on. After I did so, a white screen with red lettering appeared that stated: "Error Fatal adc_cal.c 640" and also "Error Fatal hold * key to reset & log abort", "Error Fatal hold # key to enter dload mode".  I treid to hold the # key. I tried to hold the * key. I tried to hold each of these keys while holding the End key simultaneously. I tried removing the battery for several minutes as well. Nothing is working & I can't call tech support because this is my only phone. Does anyone know how to fix this? I fully intend to replace this phone (I'm still within the 30 day period) with a Blackberry Curve or a Samsung Exclaim, but I won't be able to do that for about 4 or 5 more days. I need to be able to make calls in the meantime. ={

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Rumor 2 Fatal Error: HELP!

Its the AC power supply.  Had the same thing happened.  Got a new phone, plugged it in, same problem.  But the new battery had juice in it, and we popped it into the old one and boom, it worked.

Journeyman

Good luck getting the New Sprint to do anything for you!!!!

Journeyman

Same exact thing happened to me, and the so i took the battery out replaced it and it turned on regularly no white screen/ fatal error but ...... my phone will not hold a charge at all i had it on the charger for over 4 hours and every time i took it off the same thing would happen phone dies white screen/ fatal error..... called sprint told the all thjey saud was turn the phone off and charge the phone that way... it actually worked phone was holding a charge but ill be da@@ed if my phone doesnt die 2 days later and do the same thing again!! called them, up again they said something about a software error and sent me a new phone got it yesturday in fact havent had ne problems yet but who know????? Everyone i talk to says it a problem with the lg deivces them selves so idk!!!

Journeyman

I would love to see what you can find out about this because my Rumor 2 also did this to me last month. similar senario. It must be a bug in the phone programming. When I called Sprint to ask about it, seeing as my phone was relatively new at the time, it started working again. Maybe you can try letting it sit for awhile and then coming back to check on it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat