cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumor-Missing calls & Text

Journeyman

Rumor-Missing calls & Text

Is there not a feature on this phone that sends reminder beeps, etc..for missed calls or text?  If I don't have my phone with me and miss them, I have to remember to physically check my phone for any missed alerts, messages, etc...I have been through all the menus and don't see how to do this?  Is it not possible?  And if not, is it the phone feature or Sprints?.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Rumor-Missing calls & Text

Yes! How to set audible alerts for voicemail and texts are on page 43 of the user guide: "Selecting Ringer Types for Messages". Here's the link to it in PDF format.

Here's the part you're asking about:

1. Press Menu > Settings/Tools > Settings > Sounds > Ringer
Type > Messages.

2. Select Voicemail, Text Message, Picture Mail, Voice SMS or
Email. (A list of ring type categories will be displayed.)

3. Select a category, and then use your navigation key to
scroll through the available ringers. A sample ringer will
sound as you highlight each option.

4. Press to assign a ringer.
Journeyman

Hi Racqueteer, thanks for the reply.  I already have done that, that is not the issue.  The issue is, if I am not present when these calls, texts come in and I miss the first initial ring/notification...I have to always remember when I get back to my phone to check for messages, texts.  Is there not a setting to have the notification/ringtone, whatever, to sound every 10 mins, 15 mins, etc until cleared?  I have had cell phones for the last ten years with Verizon, AT&T, etc....with numerous types of devices, and this is the first time that I have found this not to be an option.

And if it's not an option, is that the fault of the type of device I have (LG Rumor 2) or is the fault of Sprint and their service?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated

Journeyman

Have you tried this?

Go to Settings > Message Alerts > Message Reminder

Then you should be able to set the interval between reminders. I don't have a Rumor in-hand to test it, so let me know if you have luck with this.

Journeyman

In settings, it offers 'messages' and the only other thing in that list of options is 'notification'  in there, it gives you two options, 'Message & Icon' or 'Icon only' 

Nothing about reminders or intevals....that was what I was questioning.

Journeyman

Dang. Well, we keep trying. I found this posted on another site about the Rumor:

"you can go messaging->settings->message reminder and turn that  feature on. i tested that two weeks ago just to see what happens, and  when i get a text, it reminds me that i have a new text every minute.  good luck"

Sounds like that's specifically for texts.

Journeyman

Thanks for sending that on to me, but unfortunantely, no matter which way I go into settings or message, I can't find anywhere where there is an option for 'message reminder' whether for calls or texts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm really sorry. Do you have a Sprint store nearby?

Or you could call 888-211-4727 for support. You probably want to call from a phone other than your Rumor, so you can try things while you're talking to someone.

Once again, sorry I couldn't figure it out for you.

Journeyman

No problem...thanks for the input

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat