cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumor Touch "travel adapter" is a lie

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rumor Touch "travel adapter" is a lie

I just bought a Rumor Touch.  The website says it comes with a "travel adapter".  The plastic baggie is labeled "travel adapter".  BUT it is just a regular USA wall outlet adapter.  WHERE AM I GOING TO "TRAVEL" WITH THIS REGULAR ADAPTER, FROM MY BEDROOM TO THE KITCHEN?  This is pure B.S. Sprint, shame on you for false advertising.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Rumor Touch "travel adapter" is a lie

What would you prefer they call it? Given the fact there are probably globally 10 different kinds of outlets coupled with the fact that your phone will not likely work outside the US Network, what exactly did you think it was? There are certainly misleading claims made by Sprint about the phone like "access your work e-mail using Outlook access." Sure, it can do that, but they leave out the part about the additional $9.99 monthly fee to do so, but calling the power adapter a "travel adapter" is the least of them. This is what they call it for all of their phones I am rather sure.

There are 3 types of adapters of which I am aware. Vehicle, Travel, and USB.

BTW, if you are travelling internationally, you bring a socket adapter, not a different cord for each device, that would become a headache and a mess rather quickly.

Journeyman

An adapter with a USA two-prong plug for a product sold in the USA is called simply "AC adapter".  That's what it's been called for the last 40 years, why does Sprint feel they need to rewrite the dictionary?  When I read "travel adapter" I assumed it meant one that plugs into your car, while you are TRAVELing.  (As you said, nobody expects to travel internationally with this phone!)

But I admit I am a cell phone noob, so we live and learn. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and sorry if I bashed Sprint unfairly

Sprint Product Ambassador

Back in the day, there were three kinds of adapters;

Big Honkin AC Wall Warts (chargers) that snagged your clothes and took up space in your suitcase.

Then someone came up with a small, folding plug AC chargers good for putting in a suitcase, so they called them Travel Chargers.

12v DC car adaptors (Car Chargers).

Now all the AC chargers are small and have folding plugs, but they're still called 'travel chargers'.

Just leftover marketing terms.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

martinthurn has a valid point however most likely it would have been  called a car adapter. i knew what it meant when my mom said "oh look it  comes with a car adapter too" i told her "no that means it has a  converter to switch to different AC voltages in places like Europe."

Journeyman

yea I had to buy car chargers too only comes with wall chargers.

Journeyman

hey martin,

everything a-ok now with your phone? just curious thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat