Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumors good or bad?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rumors good or bad?

It seems like most of the posts here are about issues with a Rumor. Are these phones pretty sketchy, or are there lots of good ones too? I'm a little nervous since we just ordered one for my wife.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Rumors good or bad?

Seriously, ALL phones have issues!!!! If your wife is a texter then she will LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rumor the QWERTY keyboard is freakin awesome! I've had my Rumor for 5 months now and have to say I really like it a lot it's durable as heck (I have a 3yr old who's constantly dropping my phone!) and the features are great. BUT the pic mail feature is only guaranteed in the Sprint network from my experience you cannot send or receive pic mail to/from other networks. Total bummer but other than that I think the Rumor is GREAT. If you noticed,some other cell companies nowhave their version of the phone (like the LG Scoop on the Alltel network) .... TONS of people I know have phones like this and LOVE them.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my LG rumor for about 2 months now and i have had some of the problems that i read about on this site. First, i do get that weird thing where the text just starts to send randomly but its only annoying and not really a problem cuz you can cancel before it sends. the other problem that i have is that occasionally my phone will shut off right when i close the slider after sending a text. And theres no voice dialing on the phone for when u are using a headset. Other than those issues that ive experienced, i like the phone. good battery life(SO FAR) aim, direct link to facebook, easy messaging options, good call quality, bluetooth capable, and comfortable feel and design make it a decent phone for the price (i got mine for free with a 2 yr contract). i would wait until they fix these auto-shutdown problems before buying a rumor because i always lose my text when that happens.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just for the record I have not had any of these problems described above on my Rumor. So I'm wondering if there was a bad batch or something. Also to the poster who said you can't send picture mail to people on other carriers that is not true. You should be able to send them to anyone regardless of carrier. I always do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know 8 people with the rumor. All are teenage and pre teen kids of neighbors. So far only one has had any issues and it was constant power cycling. Sprint replaced the phone without an issue. This seems to be a good phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

to bone machine: do you know if the phone reset problem becomes worse as the age increases?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure. The phone was new and within the 30 day trial period. Sprint replaced it. They did mention a software upgrade was coming out which is supposed to address the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like the phone besides the fact that it resets itself. Im going to start monitoring how many times it happens in a week. do you know when that software update is projected to come out?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sorry i dont know when the upgrade is supposed to be released. All I know is they told my neighbor to keep checking via going through the update process on the phone. They were under the belief the update would be in July or August. It might have already been released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is exchanging the Rumors that power cycleor get messed up screens for new Rumors because therewere issues that havenow been fixed.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat