cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS/MMS Issues

Journeyman

SMS/MMS Issues

I've posted before about my messaging issues and i kinda had a work around but having issues with that now, going to try and explain it from the beginning.

1st we joined sprint over a year ago now, all got the galaxy s8's, had no luck with anything dealing with wifi and live in a no service area, messaging would go through and come in once a little sliver if roaming popped up or in most cases about 12 hours later at work.

2nd using the stock app I could not do group chat, well, like your supposed to, it was me and two friends in group chat, either friend would send a message I'd have to go to the chat window with just that person, click the download link then it would pop up in the group chat

In order to fix this i had to get textra and manually configure it as follows:

Mms behavior: legacy

Manually configure apn: on

Mmsc: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms

Mms proxy: 68.28.31.7

Mms proxy port: 80

Prefer wifi: on

Ok, that fixed it, but the odd thing is i tried switching to pulse since i could use it to reply on my watch, no luck even if i configure the manual apn nothing, thought that was odd, tried a few others as well which allow the pan to be set and nothing. So I stuck with textra.

Now when I'm in a service area all my messages have a several minute delay which is frustrating, while using textra, the delay just started, I've done two factory resets due to another even bigger issue (when at work in full service area i cannot make or receive calls, any co-workers or bosses call it hangs up right when it connects, so factory reset and it slightly cleared that up still have issue with a couple coworkers) but back to messaging, i noticed after the factory resets, most recent was Monday i believe, it says "activation complete, please wait while we verify the device is ready for service" then a green check mark next to checking data connections and a red x next to checking text messaging. So wondering if it's something on that end someone can help me with, or even if its on my end and someone knows a fix it would be great.Screenshot_2018-06-29-21-56-59.png

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: SMS/MMS Issues

That's never fun. I use text for everything. Have you tried updating the data profile instead of a factory reset?

1. Tap OK if error displays.
  2. Once at Home screen
  3. Press the Home screen, drag from bottom to top to open up apps.  Tap Settings.
  4. Tap System Updates > Update Profile.
    1. You will see Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait.
    2. Do not interrupt this process
  • If screen goes into sleep mode, you may tap screen to wake up phone.
  1. Do not press Cancel or hold down End key as it will interrupt process.
  2. Once complete, phone displays: The Profile has been updated. Press OK to continue.
  3. Press the Home key

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Yes i tried that right after the reset, did the prl and profile, just tried the profile as well, said finished, still getting a minute or more to send a small message

Wizard

My next step would be to check coverage and see if there is any issues with text near you. I'll send you a private message.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat