cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Battery life on LG Optimus

Highlighted
Journeyman

Save Battery life on LG Optimus

So I have a question. I just got my LG Optimus yesterday and I was wondering if the battery is supposed to die by 7 pm. It has been on but barely used until about 6:30. I downloaded some apps and then watched 1 5 min video and the phone died. I am very frustrated but not sure if I should be. What steps can I take to reduce battery consumption? I do have the app killer, and reduced the screen display. Last question, should I downgrade to the palm pre from this?

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Save Battery life on LG Optimus

When you are done with an application, exit the app by the menu (if there is one) or use the back button to get to the Home screen.

By hitting Home button, your application will continue running on the background.

Task killers are useless in Android world. Read more from this link

Palm Pre is at at the end of its life with Sprint, I would not get it

http://www.precentral.net/end-era-sprint-officially-marks-palm-pre-eol

MM

Journeyman

Also make sure you do a full charge of the battery.  When you get it at a store, the battery they usually put in has never been fully charged, at least that has been the case with me.  When I got my Optimus I was surprised at how quickly the battery went down, then I let it charge for an entire night.  After that, it lasts a good 12 hours doing a number of tasks.

Wizard

I use a program called "Setting Profiles" to limit the Autosync to 3 minutes out of every hour.  Any reduction in the antenna use will greatly improve battery life.  Also, I keep the screen at about 85% brightness instead of 100%, and about 45% during the evenings.  This is done automatically with the previously mentioned program.  Also, don't use an active background (Menu Wallpaper), and turn off all animations (Menu Settings Display).  Reduction in CPU usage should also improve battery life.

I know it sounds like I'm plugging for Setting Profiles, but I come from a line of Palm Treos.  So automatic settings is important to me, and the price is satisfactory.

Journeyman

My LG Optimus battery life is short-lived with 59% battery power going to phone standby with it being without a signal 66% of the time.  I can't move so if a weak signal from my house is causing the battery to drain, I need to find another solution.  However, based on forum posts, I am under the impression this might be a bug.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

Before I thought turning off wi-fi would help the battery life, but from the forums, it seems like it is better to stay connected to wi-fi when I am at home.  True?

Thanks,

Pam

Wizard

Wifi is like a two edged sword: when you have a wifi connection it saves battery to enable wifi, but if you do not have a wifi connection, it drains battery to enable wifi.  Just think: for data, a wifi connection is 20 feet away vs. a cell phone tower 1 mile away.  But if you are not connected to wifi, then the antenna is being powered for nothing.

Journeyman

I am concerned with the listing of battery issues with the LG Optimus.  I moving from an HTC Hero that will give me a full day 8am-11pm on a full day and a day and a half on normal days.  I do have background data shut off and I do not use wifi.  What are you guys truly getting out of the Optimus?  I agree that if there is a bug, it needs to be fixed.   I will find out for myself after it has been charging all night.

Wizard

I get about 9 am to 11 pm with 5% battery left, so I suppose it could last 15 hours.  That's with background data on and autosync on all day. It also includes about 2 hours of internet use, 2 hours of music, 25 text messages, and 20 services running in the background. The last 5 or 6 hours are on wifi.  Please note that wifi usage will increase battery life if you are connected to a wifi network.

Journeyman

I used to get about 10 hours of battery life each day, mostly on standby.

I then installed Advaced Task Killer (free) and I'm now getting about 3 times as much battery life even with gmail auto sync turned on.

I have ATK set to "Crazy" for auto kill level and "Every Half Hour" for auto kill frequency.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat