Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG - G6 (LS993)

Community Manager

Software Update: LG - G6 (LS993)

For information or to report problems with the CallingPLUS update, please see this thread: Software Update: LG G6

Software Version: LS993ZV7    
Release Date: 8/8/2017  
Method: Available Over the Air  
Version:    
Subversion:    
Hardware Version:      

Fixes:

Bug fixes, adjustment to Moisture indicator recurring notice, UICC security enhancements, and the latest Google security patch

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

19 REPLIES 19
Journeyman

Screenshot_2017-10-04-19-17-27.png

I'm already on LS993ZV7 but I checked today and got this one. Is this one also LS993ZV7? And how come it's file size is so big?

Probably because it contains the CallingPLUS application. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

I might be careful around this update.  I had a very hard time getting it download and install properly in the first place (got a few error messages which should have been a red flag in the first place) and now my phone goes into a boot loop cycle for 3 tries and the gives me the red triangle/exclamation point warning before booting into the operating system.  So far I have not noticed performance issues but there may be battery drain issues (unconfirmed at this point) and it takes 3 or 4 minutes just to power cycle my G6.  

The warning it gives is a corruption error.  It says "Your device has failed a routine safety check and may not work properly.  This may be a temporary problem if this message occurs repeatedly, visit this link on another device and refer to the Red case: g.co/abh Press the power key to contunue.  Your device will boot up automatically after a while"

If anybody has any suggestions on a solution I would be extremely grateful.  I would love to avoid a factory data reset because that just stinks, and from what I have read it might not work anyway (most likely due to the bad security update).

Maybe your update download was corrupted. It took me 3 minutes to download mine and now after reading your post I don't know if I'm ready to install it 🙄

Another point of curiosity I just noticed...

The "software version" I'm showing on my device is LS993ZV8 NOT LS993ZV7 as indicated in the original software update post.  

Something is very wrong here!  Please help!

I figured. I have LS993ZV7 currently installed. So based off of what your saying, im guessing I downloaded LS993ZV8, which was 775.2 mb. So then one I'm about to install is LS993ZV8. I am starting the installation, wish me luck 😌

This issue seems to have something to do with the "callingPLUS" feature/app which apparently is an upgraded version of wifi calling.  I tried turning it on and restarting but no luck.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to wait for a software patch unless I want to send my phone back to LG and have them replace it which will leave me without a phone for up to 2 weeks!

Sorry for the multi posts but I figure the info I can give the better...

I also have an airave device...I'm just wondering if it is all connected some how.

It's working fine for me. Took 30 minutes to install 😂 I enabled the new feature. Finally were able to use our mobile data while on a call. It says it's still a beta feature though so there can be bugs.

Pretty sure I got one.  Just my luck!Smiley Indifferent

It is confirmed, I'm now definitely having overheating and battery drain issues.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat