cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker phone inaudible LG G6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Speaker phone inaudible LG G6

Hello Sprint Community. Speaker phone distorted. Sounds like a blown speaker. I thought it was specific to my phone only but new phone has same issue. 

I don't see anyone else having this problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Speaker phone inaudible LG G6

new phone as in insurance replacement or you purchased another G6?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Insurance replacement. Seems like new though. I can't imagine two phones would have the same problem.

BTW the speaker is perfect with everything except network calls. Even wifiW calls sound clear. Other one was the same. Thanks for responding

Highlighted
GrandMaster

weird. is it with regular calls or calls going through calling plus? i have the G6 as well and dont remember running into this..then again i dont do much talking on the phone so i might have to try it out a bit later and see.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

If everything sounds distorted, we can have an audio quality ticket created.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Will I am.

That's the comfounding part about this. The speaker works perfectly with every application including Wi-Fi calls. 

It's only speaker calls over the Network that has  audio problems. Sounds exactly like a blown speaker but I know it's not.

Thanks for any ideas.

Highlighted
Community Manager

OOOH, speaker calls!  I thought it was network calls. It could be hardware, which we have somewhat eliminated since the phone was replaced.  It also could be software related.  Several apps competing for the access to the speaker/mic.  Boot that bad boy in safe mode and then make a speaker call.

1. With the screen on, press and hold the Power key.
  2. In the options menu that displays, press and hold Power off.
  3. When ‘Restart in Safe mode’ displays, tap OK to restart in Safe mode.
  4. Upon restart, device displays ‘Safe mode’ at bottom of screen.

To get out of Safe mode, simply reboot your phone normally.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

do me a favor..need you to go into the calling plus and turn off the LTE calling..then attempt a call using the speaker phone..

also when you notice it are you able to turn the volume down a bit to get it to go away or does it stay even at lower volumes?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yo Fireguy, make a speaker call and report back. 

Meanwhile, Fireguy is like, "Call?  How do you do that?  And who would I 'call'?"

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you mean actually talk? thats so 2017

one sec.

Highlighted
Community Manager

You don't have to talk.  Just have them say "Hello?  Hello?" and then hang up.  That should be a proper test.  Afterall, you are testing the speaker, not the mic.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

just tried it and it worked fine for me. got a weird echo but thats because i called from my work number and the phone was right near me lol. no distortion though....and im old so i crank up the volume lol.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat