Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spritn LG G8 Android 10 Update - OTA - Stable

Journeyman

Spritn LG G8 Android 10 Update - OTA - Stable

Download Sprint LG G8 ThinQ Android 10 Firmware Final V20a

• It is an OTA Update file that can be installed with the OTA method.
  • It is an Update from V10l to V20a, PLEASE do not try to flash this file if your phone’s current software version is not V10l.
  • It is used for the Sprint Sprint LG G8 ThinQ model only!

LMG820UM0-V10l-310-to-LMG820UM0-V20a-310.up

1. Download LMG820UM0-V10l-310-to-LMG820UM0-V20a-310.up
2. Rename the file to LGUP_FOTA.up
3. Place the file in the internal storage on your LG G8 ThinQ
4. Download “Activity Launcher” from Play Store
5. Find FOTA Update
6. Hit the first option (com.lge.lgfota.permission.FotaTestActivity)
7. Follow prompts.

22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Is this legit? Does this also include the new LG UI? Thanks in advance

Hey Eldivino. The last software update for the LG G8 ThinQ (Gray - LGG820UMKIT and Black - LGG820UMBLK) was on 

11/11/19. The latest sofware vertion should be G82010I

Juan
Sprint Social Care

Was the last update for Android 10 ? I got the one for 11/11/2019 but still haven't received android 10

The latest software version should be G82010I . Have you tried going to settings> General> About > Check Software version? If not, please do so in order to ensure you have the latest software version. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

Yes thats the one I have but I  dont have android 10? When will sprint push out the update?

The latest software version that was released for this model is G82010I, which was available on 11/11/19.
Software updates are released by the manufacturer. You can keep yourself updated through this channel. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the reply. Yes the phone manufacturers release the updates, however the wireless carrier has to approve them for release before they get pushed out. Android 10 has already been released by LG in North America, so any current and future delays are caused by Sprint not the manufacturer.

I get what you're saying! Once the software update, we want to make sure that it does not have major glitches. That's why sometimes it takes a little bit longer.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

Understandable, however I consider Sprint to be one of the biggest (and best!) carriers in the world, so why does it take them longer to "check for glitches" than other companies? I know Verizon and T-mobile released LG updates for certain handsets that Sprint didn't

According to TheAndroidSoul.com, there was a G820UM20a B update was released on December 5th 2019 containing Android 10. It's been a month and this hasn't been pushed to my device nor was a thread about the software update pinned to the forum (like it is for LG G7 and V40). Is this update actually available? Any way to manually update it or force an OTA update?

Hey RESETLIFE ! The latest update for the G7 on Sprint is G710P19a which was released on 12/17.  All it included was Android Security Patch for November, no Android Pie or Android 10.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat