Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spritn LG G8 Android 10 Update - OTA - Stable

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spritn LG G8 Android 10 Update - OTA - Stable

Download Sprint LG G8 ThinQ Android 10 Firmware Final V20a

• It is an OTA Update file that can be installed with the OTA method.
  • It is an Update from V10l to V20a, PLEASE do not try to flash this file if your phone’s current software version is not V10l.
  • It is used for the Sprint Sprint LG G8 ThinQ model only!

LMG820UM0-V10l-310-to-LMG820UM0-V20a-310.up

1. Download LMG820UM0-V10l-310-to-LMG820UM0-V20a-310.up
2. Rename the file to LGUP_FOTA.up
3. Place the file in the internal storage on your LG G8 ThinQ
4. Download “Activity Launcher” from Play Store
5. Find FOTA Update
6. Hit the first option (com.lge.lgfota.permission.FotaTestActivity)
7. Follow prompts.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted

I was asking about the G820UM20a B update for the LG G8 ThinQ. If it was actually released in December and how to get the update. Also if the update actually had Android 10.

Highlighted

Well, for the last software update information that I can see we have for the LG G8 ThinQ, is that it should have the G82010l version. No information was found at the moment, about being released an update back in December. Once it is available, it will pop up in your phone in order for you to install it. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can any one help me to update froma android 10 V20a to V20d it won't update on its own. Still says latest update 11/17/2019

Thanks

Highlighted

The latest software version that was released for this model is G82010I, which was available on 11/11/19.
Software updates are released by the manufacturer. You can keep yourself updated through this channel.
If after going to Settings> General> About> Check software version, it says that no updates are available, it means that this is the latest one. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

The 10 update has been released for the G8. I checked my friends phone yesterday it was there. 

Highlighted

i received it Friday. many things were changed to a dark mode..which i like.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the manual update to LMG820UM0 V20a. Thanks for the clear instructions. Do you know how to update to LMG820UM0 V20d because I'm not seeing the popup even though the update is available? 

Highlighted

I believe you need to rollback to Pie. For the official update to show up. 

Highlighted

I have no idea how to rollback to Pie. There isn't a pie kdz file and i don't think there ever will be. If i had the v20d update file i would try updating using the same method.

Highlighted

Check XDA. They have a guide on there under the G8 section. I personally don't have one but my best friend does and I was going to install the beta but after I read it might give problems updating I held out and her phone got it a week or two later. The guide looks like it's not easy if you aren't familiar with using adb though. I also believe you lose all data. Maybe you can bring it to a Sprint store and they can do it for you.  Again, you will probably lose all data. 

Highlighted

Thanks much. The guide does worked. I'm now downloading my v20d update.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat