cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping music playback on LG Optimus S

Journeyman

Stopping music playback on LG Optimus S

Does anyone know how to stop music playback on the LG Optimus S for Sprint?  I activate the music player, but there's no function for completely stopping and exiting the music player.  All I can do is pause the song and press the home screen, which only results in a temporary stoppage of music playback.  The phone will begin playback after about 10 minutes.  The only way I can stop it is to completely unmount the SD card where my songs are stored, but there has to be or should be another way to exit the music player and prevent random, automatic playback.  My old phone, the LG Lotus, enabled a complete exit of the music player.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Stopping music playback on LG Optimus S

This is what I do:

1. Pause

2. Tap the "back" button, which is the third button on the bottom of the phone

3. Open the music player

4. Tap the back button again for a final exit

Alternatively, you can use a task killer.

Journeyman lg1
Journeyman

While a song is playing, on the screen I tap the playlist symbol at the top right hand corner(symbol with three straight lines and a small arrow). By doing so a list of songs will populate the first one being the current song playing.  At this point (bottom of phone not on the screen) I press the button next to the button with the home symbol the one with the four little squares, by doing this four blocks pop up at bottom I tap the one that reads "clear playlist" and it shuts of the music. FYI this is not through any app mp3 players that you can download, this works through the already installed player. Hopefully I  didn't confuse anyone.

Thanks- LG

Journeyman

Thanks for the information great help. Wife was at store and her music would start playing. The phone is great has all kind of things to do. Still learning all features.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat