cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden problem when sending pictures to Facebook

Journeyman

Sudden problem when sending pictures to Facebook

For no reason starting today, I am unable to send any pictures to Facebook.  I get an error from 9000 at Sprint that says "SprintFreeMsg: Unable to publish your image to Facebook, because of an unknown error. Please try again later."

Nothing has changed on my phone or account (either Sprint or Facebook). I have an LG Rumor Touch.

Anything going on or is anyone else getting this?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Sudden problem when sending pictures to Facebook

TheLuzah,

You are able to connect to the Internet correct? What about sending a picture to a person, are you able to do that? Please let me know so we can troubleshoot this issue further.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

TheLuzah,

Yes, I've been having this problem for a month or so.  Called Sprint, they know nothing about it, of course.  I actually got a new Rumor Touch today, and it's doing the SAME thing, again Sprint isn't aware of an existing problem.  I told them I find it hard to believe I am the only one having this issue, and with 2 different phones!  She said I can go to Sprint store for service but have to pay.  Now mind you I just got the phone today.  They are both purple.  My daughter has the blue one, and I tested it out today and it works fine.  I can get online, I can send pics to other people just fine, I can also "text/email" fb with pic, that works fine, but when I try to send to 'my places' (facebook) I get the error.  I have been using that feature to send pics to fb since I got the phone originally almost 2 years ago, so not sure why there is an issue now with it.  So annoying!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having a similar problem on the Rumor Touch and I JUST figured it out.  I think the problem started when I changed my facebook password, but not sure. Try this!

Go to:

Main Menu

Photos and Videos

My Places

Then Remove Facebook

Then Add New Place and reinput your facebook information.

Hope that helps!  Good luck!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a LG Rumor Touch and just yesterday I discovered a simple answer to sending pics easily to Facebook.  I too was very upset when the picturemail system was gone and hadn't tried to send pics in a while...then yesterday I was doing some phone maintainence and updated etc.  I was playing around with my phone and after going to Main Menu then Photos and Videos, I discovered a catagory for Auto-Send....I went thru it, enabled and entered my facebook log in etc and in a few seconds it was set to go.  I took a pic and tested it all, it even gives you a "caption" spot and it sent right off.  I went back again today and added My PC/Email to have a second option.  Now I will take pics again with my phone!!!   I have resisted upgrading to a new phone because I love my phone .... I was going to do it for the photos but now I don't have to!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat