Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden problem when sending pictures to Facebook

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sudden problem when sending pictures to Facebook

For no reason starting today, I am unable to send any pictures to Facebook.  I get an error from 9000 at Sprint that says "SprintFreeMsg: Unable to publish your image to Facebook, because of an unknown error. Please try again later."

Nothing has changed on my phone or account (either Sprint or Facebook). I have an LG Rumor Touch.

Anything going on or is anyone else getting this?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Sudden problem when sending pictures to Facebook

TheLuzah,

You are able to connect to the Internet correct? What about sending a picture to a person, are you able to do that? Please let me know so we can troubleshoot this issue further.

Markie_B

Journeyman

TheLuzah,

Yes, I've been having this problem for a month or so.  Called Sprint, they know nothing about it, of course.  I actually got a new Rumor Touch today, and it's doing the SAME thing, again Sprint isn't aware of an existing problem.  I told them I find it hard to believe I am the only one having this issue, and with 2 different phones!  She said I can go to Sprint store for service but have to pay.  Now mind you I just got the phone today.  They are both purple.  My daughter has the blue one, and I tested it out today and it works fine.  I can get online, I can send pics to other people just fine, I can also "text/email" fb with pic, that works fine, but when I try to send to 'my places' (facebook) I get the error.  I have been using that feature to send pics to fb since I got the phone originally almost 2 years ago, so not sure why there is an issue now with it.  So annoying!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having a similar problem on the Rumor Touch and I JUST figured it out.  I think the problem started when I changed my facebook password, but not sure. Try this!

Go to:

Main Menu

Photos and Videos

My Places

Then Remove Facebook

Then Add New Place and reinput your facebook information.

Hope that helps!  Good luck!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a LG Rumor Touch and just yesterday I discovered a simple answer to sending pics easily to Facebook.  I too was very upset when the picturemail system was gone and hadn't tried to send pics in a while...then yesterday I was doing some phone maintainence and updated etc.  I was playing around with my phone and after going to Main Menu then Photos and Videos, I discovered a catagory for Auto-Send....I went thru it, enabled and entered my facebook log in etc and in a few seconds it was set to go.  I took a pic and tested it all, it even gives you a "caption" spot and it sent right off.  I went back again today and added My PC/Email to have a second option.  Now I will take pics again with my phone!!!   I have resisted upgrading to a new phone because I love my phone .... I was going to do it for the photos but now I don't have to!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat