Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supposedly unlocked LGv30 still says 'invalid sim' with non sprint sim

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Supposedly unlocked LGv30 still says 'invalid sim' with non sprint sim

Hello,

I just got off the phone with sprint account services and they say the phones been unlocked for a week now, but I just tried switching to different carrier sim cards and the invalid sim message is still present, even though the phone shows I'm getting 4 bars of service. Even the mobile data 4g settings and access point names are locked down, which leads me to believe the phone is still locked. Unfortunately this info was not enough to get further help from account services. Any advice on how to verify the phone is indeed unlocked? And has anyone successfully used a sprint lgv30 with another network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Supposedly unlocked LGv30 still says 'invalid sim' with non sprint sim

I thought id update you and anyone else that may encounter this issue.

I didnt put in any new unlock requests since my original post, but I dont know if the option was there all along or if i just barely noticed it,but if i go to the APN settings page on my phone with a sprint sim card, I could add the tmobile apn settings. (Side note: i may have mistyped some apn settings and used the restore default settings option to start again) After that inserting the tmobile sim card worked just fine.
I remember when i wrote this post the add apn option was locked when i had another sim card inserted. I dont recall if that was the case when i had a sprint sim card inserted.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

wrote:

Hello,

I just got off the phone with sprint account services and they say the phones been unlocked for a week now, but I just tried switching to different carrier sim cards and the invalid sim message is still present, even though the phone shows I'm getting 4 bars of service. Even the mobile data 4g settings and access point names are locked down, which leads me to believe the phone is still locked. Unfortunately this info was not enough to get further help from account services. Any advice on how to verify the phone is indeed unlocked? And has anyone successfully used a sprint lgv30 with another network?

Here we go again.

See the threads:

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Services/Phone-not-unlocked-even-though-Sprint-says-it-is-unlocked-i...

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Essential/Sprint-says-my-essential-phone-is-unlocked-but-the-phone-s...

Don't waste your time trying to resolve the issue.

The system is broken.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the response. Thats a real shame. If only it was more like T-Mobile, where you can request an unlock via an app and it works immediately, with verification on both sides. Hopefully a technician can help clear this up, otherwise I seriously doubt I can continue with Sprint
Highlighted
Journeyman

wrote:
Thanks for the response. Thats a real shame. If only it was more like T-Mobile, where you can request an unlock via an app and it works immediately, with verification on both sides. Hopefully a technician can help clear this up, otherwise I seriously doubt I can continue with Sprint

See this thread:

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Essential/Sprint-says-my-essential-phone-is-unlocked-but-the-phone-s...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought id update you and anyone else that may encounter this issue.

I didnt put in any new unlock requests since my original post, but I dont know if the option was there all along or if i just barely noticed it,but if i go to the APN settings page on my phone with a sprint sim card, I could add the tmobile apn settings. (Side note: i may have mistyped some apn settings and used the restore default settings option to start again) After that inserting the tmobile sim card worked just fine.
I remember when i wrote this post the add apn option was locked when i had another sim card inserted. I dont recall if that was the case when i had a sprint sim card inserted.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S8 and Sprint wont even bother to help me.

Not able to star a new post. Tried calling them, wont help at all. What exactly are they trying to do?

Create customers who are furious about them so that they can spread the word and not let others use Sprint? I mean I am clueless. What is this process?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

prateekghate,

Hey! This is not the way we want you to feel. We were experiencing an outage while trying to have some android devices unlocked. Let's take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Please Unlock my phone. Ive called and the Sprint team has unlocked my phone 3 times successfully, supposedly, but that hasnt been the case. PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Let's review what's happening @Demetriuscerril. I sent you a Private Message for further support, please respond with the info requested.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat