cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching lg rumor 2 and samsung seek

Highlighted

Hi,

I have a large problem. My mom and I are trying to switch phones. I currently have the LG Rumor 2, and she has a Samsung Seek. However, she does not do so well with the touch screen/complicated phone, and so we are finally trying to switch. But the problem is that I would really like to just switch all the info we have on our phones, and not have to re-enter 100+ contacts, because that would take a really long time. I have the USB cable, and a micro SD card, but when I connect my phone to my Mac laptop, nothing useful happens. I have been looking online, but I can't find anything. Apparently, the guys at the phone store told my dad it should be really easy to switch them. But I am thinking they were wrong. Please help, I am leaving again for college in less than a week, and I would really like to have this over with, and have a working phone at school. Is there anything I can do, or do I really need to take them to the store and make them do it? And does anyone know of any way to preserve text message history? Because that would be awesome. I am not trying to transfer any music or photos, so those are not an issue.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

if you are trying to avoid going to the store location for them to do so, it can be done . Both these devices are wireless backup capable. to save the phone numbers for each would need to subscribe to from the device. Menu> Settings> Wireless Backup> Subscribe. Once both lines are set up to back up your contacts then you could either call 888-211-4727 or sprint.com to perform a swap between the two. Once they are swapped then wireless back up will put the contacts to each phone number. With a swap only will be able to move phone numbers if you use this method. Photos, Music, Text Messages or any other content unable to be transferred.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat