cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging lagging and typing by itself

Journeyman

I had recently gotten my lg optimus reset at the Sprint store, and ever since then my text messaging has been acting up. I use Swype, and sometimes it won't let me type for a second, or it will lag and then type a bunch of random letters. Once I had been writing a text when all of the sudden it stopped showing what I was writing, didn't do anything for about 2 seconds then something like ahfshshdkfghs showed up. Do I need to get my phone reset again? This is getting really annoying...

(I got it reset in the first place because I was having trouble with texts not sending and dropped calls. Also apps were lagging and much slower than my friends using the same apps on their lg optimus v (virgin mobille) which is in itself frustrating because they pay way less and apparently get better service).

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

I'm sorry for the frustrations with swype keyboard. Have you tried turning the swype feature off to see if typing in text a different way has the same issue? you may also try clearing the data on swype by going Menu>settings>applications>manage applications>select running tab at the top>go down to the swype application>clear data. If it does not improve after doing this we will need to have a hard reset done. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat