cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time on phone hour ahead

Journeyman

Time on phone hour ahead

so for the entire day this morning my phone has been an hour ahead of what the time actually is here. i called sprint and they said it was a problem on my end. come to find out that im not the only person from sprint having this problem. how can this be changed back to normal time??

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Time on phone hour ahead

Usually this is caused by a provisioning issue with the network HLR's.  Have you tried to update your profile on your phone? Which LG phone do you have? I'll give you the instructions for your device.

*also, can you please go into your sprint account - my preferences - change disaply name,username or password - and update "How would you like to be known in our online community" to a different username that does not include any of your personal information.  This is for your privacy.

Journeyman

i have the lg rumor 2. i just tried updating everything this morning after i figured out the time was changed.

Wizard

Just to confirm - you went into Menu>settings>more>data>update profile?  If so, can you send me a private message with your Sprint phone number so I can look into a few things on my end?

Thanks,

David

Journeyman

At least one of our phones is doing the exact same thing.  Normal time yesterday, wrong time zone (and therefore the wrong time) today.  Date and time were set to Automatic.  Set it to manual and fixed the time zone, but that's a workaround, not really a "fix", because when we cross time zones (we live near the edge), it will be wrong again.  I don't know where the OP is, but I know some friends of ours a couple miles from where we live have been having data issues and were told some work was going on that would not be done until June.  Not sure if it's related.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat