Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Screen off Calibration

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Touch Screen off Calibration

I've been having an issue with my Rumor Touch screen being off calibration. I've tried restarting as well as using the built in calibrate function. However, there is still no solution and it is still off calibration. I can't swipe to end calls nor can I make calls from the touch dial pad. When I try to select from the main menu it selects the item below as well as to the right of where it's being touched.

I guess what I'm trying to get at- Is there any way to factory reset the calibration alone or what can be done about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Touch Screen off Calibration

Worleys,

Thank you for contacting us. I can definitely understand how annoying that can be, with the screen being off calibration. It seems like you have done the basic troubleshooting. I think the next step is to do a factory reset on the device, we don't have a way to factory reset the calibration only. Please keep us posted.

- Eric
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Worleys,

Thank you for contacting us. I can definitely understand how annoying that can be, with the screen being off calibration. It seems like you have done the basic troubleshooting. I think the next step is to do a factory reset on the device, we don't have a way to factory reset the calibration only. Please keep us posted.

- Eric
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any way to back up all the contacts and photos? I don't have an SD card to use, and I don't know if a PC would be able to save the contacts. Any suggestions? Also, any idea what the process to the reset would be?

Highlighted
Master

Hello Worleys,

Gmail account users automatically receive contacts through email when logging on to Gmail from any smartphone and for photos they would need to be saved to a computer.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the picture help. However, we do not have internet access activated on the phone, nor do we intend to. How can I do the contacts in that case?

Highlighted
Master

Worleys – If you have another phone you can transfer the contracts via Bluetooth. –AJ Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I transferred the contacts and factory reset the phone. It is still not calibrated and the calibration screen still helps nothing. As of right now, I'm just going to hold out and take it to the store this weekend and get it worked on. Thanks for all the help though. I really appreciate how quickly you guys got to this.

Highlighted
Master

Worleys,
No problem. It was our pleasure. Please keep us updated on your visit to the store.
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat