Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshoot if your LG Rumor Touch is unable to send or receive text messages

Journeyman

Troubleshoot if your LG Rumor Touch is unable to send or receive text messages

The phone works and doesn't for texting. Called and  returned to Sprint three (3) times with various resets and then a software update.Each time phone works for a while then it seems to mess up randomly. Need to know if it is the phone or the model!

2 REPLIES 2
Master

We really need to speak with you to determine exactly what is happening - If you can call 1-888-211-4727 from another phone and ask for advanced tech support and explain you are having to callback for an unresolved issue.

Does the device stop both sending and receiving?  Is this to a Sprint number or another carrier or all numbers?  We also need to know the software version your device is.

To check the phone for the Software version follow the steps below:  

1. Press Home Icon.
  2. Scroll to and highlight Main Menu.
  3. Scroll to and highlight Settings.
  4. Scroll to and highlight Phone Info.
  5. Press Version.

This sounds like some type of setting in the network and not your phone but it is impossible to tell without completing all troubleshooting steps.  Hope this helps

Larry - Sprint Tech

Journeyman

I think that's happening to me too. Usually, I just restart it and it works again.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat