cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using mp3 files as ringers

Highlighted
Patron

Using mp3 files as ringers

Hello everyone, I have an mp3 file I want to use as my ringer.  I've already transferred it to my phone via bluetooth.  I can open up my music and see and play the file right there in my phone.  However, when I try to set it as my ringer by going into settings>ringers>incoming calls>contacts>contacts with default ringer,  then choosing "my audio", it says "No ringer file!"  Why is this?  The phone is supposed to be able to use mp3 files as ringtones!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Using mp3 files as ringers

Change the file extension (/mp3) to .3g2, that's how I do it and it works.

Patron

Where do I need to place the file after I've transferred it with bluetooth?  I tried but the phone still won't recognize any ringers. 

Journeyman

I put mine in the DCIM >100LGDCF folder on my memory card. I got mine via PC not bluetootth so I don't know what difference that makes. Then I go to settings> Ringers then videos, not ringers to go find them and select them.

Patron

I don't have a "Videos" choice after hitting Settings>Ringers.   I just can't seem to find anyway to make this work. 

Journeyman

It's settings>ringers>incoming calls (or whatever option you want)>then contacts or unsaved numbers/ whatever you want>pick the contact you want the ringer for>THEN you will see the my videos option I mentioned. And if you put the file in the folder I mentioned in teh format I mentioned (Very important!) then you will see them there (but with no names) and you can find the one you want by listening to them. I found a youtube video showing this, you might be abel to too.

Journeyman

most sprint phones wont let u just take a mp3 and use it as a ringtone u eather got to convert it urself or just switch to att. they the only one i kno tht has phones you can do that with.

Master

"Most" sprint phones will allow you to use MP3's as ringtones, This just isn't one of them.

Journeyman

Hi , I just got a LG Lotus Elite from sprint (voice activated only) and I use it at work in a noise filled enviornment . The factory ringers are not very loud and I end up missing calls , I have some great MP3 files I could use but I can't find out how or where to install them in the Lotus . I put a few on my memory card from the phone with my home computer but I can't find them with the ringer section on the phone . Can anyone educate me ?  Thanks .

Message was edited by: thegovernor

Journeyman

Um, I don't see why you guys are saying this when I've already posted how to do it and I've done it several times myself, just search youtube if you're having toruble with my instructions.

Patron

I've tried your instructions and they haven't worked for me.  Are you using the Remarq??  If you are actually using the Remarq then I will try again.

also, there are no youtube videos for the remarq unless someone added one in the past two days when I haven't looked. 

Message was edited by: wentzjm

Journeyman

Lol I am an idiot. Sorry for throwing you for a loop, I'm talking about the LG rumour touch, I could have sworn in the first post you said you were using it, but I just scrolled up and checked, it was a different thread I was thinking about. Sorry dude, I guess each of their phones are different. If it helps I had to reword my search several times on youtube before I found the video that taught me how to do it on my phone, maybe that will work for you. Sorry.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat