cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my own music as a ringtone? (Lotus)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Using my own music as a ringtone? (Lotus)

I have the lotus and instead of downloaded ringtones, which cost me, I had the brilliant idea of sending them through the USB to my memory card. But now I can't seem to assign my ringtone to my phone. Any way to do this?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Using my own music as a ringtone? (Lotus)

Thanks, even though that's really annoying.

Journeyman

As far as we know Sprint has disabled this feature on all new and upcming phones. My last phone was the RAZR V9m and I had to by Motorola Phone Tools software just to be able to get into my phone vi USB. LG doesn't supply software like this so it is basically impossible unless you send the ringtones to your phone via a uploader site like Rumkin.com or Myxer.com or any other that offer this. The service is free but if you do not have text & internet on your phone it will cost you however much the text message costs plu 3 cents per kb for the file.

Journeyman

You can put mp3's on your SD card and use them, you just need to change the file extension to .3g2 to do so.

This will allow you to set as a ringtone, but not for text message tone AND you will NOT be able to use the side buttons to silence your ringer. If you're on a budget though and don't want to pay for ringers OR don't even have a data plan, this would work.

Journeyman

Try http://www.myxer.com  It is free and you can upload and edit your own ringers.  They are sent via text with a link to download.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat