cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using phone as a modem .... how dose it work?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Using phone as a modem .... how dose it work?

I have the rumor 2 and have the unlimited data plan and I know that I can use the phone as a modem so how dose it work? Do you get charged for minutes or not. and if it dose use minutes can't I just use it after 7 for as long as I want and not worry about it ????

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Using phone as a modem .... how dose it work?

You are not allowed to use your phone as a Modem. Sprint discontinued PAM earlier this year on all phones except the Evo and Epic using the HotSpot feature.

Phone as modem or tethering: not included.

Data: Services are not available with all Sprint phones. The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Unless specified otherwise 1024KB equals 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB. Usage is calculated on a per kilobyte, megabyte or gigabyte (depending on your plan) basis and is rounded up to the next whole kilobyte, megabyte or gigabyte. Rounding occurs at the end of each session or each clock hour and at which time we deduct accumulated usage from your plan, or assess overage or casual usage charges. You are responsible for all data activity from and to your device, regardless of who initiates the activity. Estimates of data usage will vary from actual use. Your invoice will not separately identify the number of kilobytes, megabytes or gigabytes attributable to your use of specific sites, sessions or services used. Premium content (games, ring tones, songs, etc.) priced separately. Services are not available for use in connection with server devices or host computer applications, other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions, or as substitutes for private lines or frame relay connections.Except with Phone-as-Modem plans, you may not use a phone (including a Bluetooth phone) as a modem in connection with a computer, PDA, or similar device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service without notice for any misuse or any use that adversely affects network performance. Availability of downloadable or streaming content is subject to change, including but not limited to television channels and radio stations. If user is not subscribed to a data included plan or add-on, Pay-As-You-Go charges are incurred when using data applications and services.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat