cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Data?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Vision Data?

Can someone please tell me what Vision Data consists of on this phone? This is my very first cell phone and I really don't know much about it. Thank you.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Vision Data?

Vision Data is using the web on the phone. You can access data by purchasing ringers, games, screen savers, themes, applications, etc. to the phone, accessesing e-mail, using an application that requires the use of the internet, accessing Spritn music store to download music and/or generally browsing the web on the phone.

If you do not have a data package on the phone to do these things on the phone it is $0.03 per kilobyte that is used each time you access the web.

We offer

$15 Data Pack which includes unlimited data access and web browsing, NFL Mobile, ON Demand (on capable phones), a $5 Picture Mail buy up option, Basic TV, Basic Radio, Sprint Mobile E-mail, a $9.99 but-up option for Sprint Mobile eMail work, and the option to pay $2.99 per day for Navigation, or $9.99 per month for Navigation.

$30 Pro Pack which includes unlimited data access and web browsing, NFL Mobile, ON Demand (on capable phones), Picture mail and video mail, Basic TV, Basic Radio, Sprint Mobile eMail, Sprint Mobile eMail work, Navigation, and unlimited text messages.

If you have a Blackberry, we offer a $30 Blackberry Personal Pack, which includes Unlimited Data Acess and web browsing, On Demand, Picture Mail and Video Mail, Basic TV (Only on 8130 and 8330), Basic Radio (only on 8130 and 8330), Sprint Mobile eMail, Sprint Navigation, and unlimited text messages. 

There is also a $10.00 Data Premier which allows you to have Sprint TV Premier and Sprint Radio Premier. This plan does not included unlimited access to the web.

If you have a data pack added to the line or data included in your plan as I do not know which plan you are currently on, you are still charged to purchase content for the phone, this would be the ringers, games, screen savers, themes, or any application that is not included on the phone and comes from the Sprint.com digital lounge. Each of these features have their own individual price and can be billed to your bill if you choose to purchase them. Once any feature is purchased and sent to the phone, when you download the feature it will access the internet, that is when you would be charged the $0.03 per kilobyte if you do not have a data pack added to your plan or if you do not have data included in your plan.

I hope all of this information helps, if I confused you please let me know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I remember back in the day about 9 months ago when picture mail was part of your vision plan. That really messed me up when they took it out now I can no longer to go onto my online albums and download my past pictures. Grrr, that really grinds my gears. It seems the more sprint tries (plans)to offer the more they take away.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@deechunt wrote:
I remember back in the day about 9 months ago when picture mail was part of your vision plan. That really messed me up when they took it out now I can no longer to go onto my online albums and download my past pictures. Grrr, that really grinds my gears. It seems the more sprint tries (plans)to offer the more they take away.

What is the real kicker is that if you open your account information online and click on your Vision Plan it will say unlimited picture mail included. But for some odd reason, yes you are right now you have to pay $5 a month more. I tried to show this to a Sprint store employee and even had a Sprint rep sign into my account from a remote location (and I still could not convince them it was included and free).

It is also important for people to understand the difference between Vision and Power Vision. Vision is 1xRTT (slower) where as Power Vision is EVDO (faster).

It is also important to note from what I read on Sprint's website for the plan offerings you can get a Talk/Message plan that does not include any Vision/Power Vision packs and get Unlimited nationwide, text, picture and video messaging. So this data sending for these new plans must some how be free (without the data pack). I wonder if the billing is even setup correctly for this, somehow I seriously doubt it.

What Sprint has done very easily, piss off many customers with these new plans. I mean who in their right mind is going to pay min $70/month just to be able to use their phone on the web. Unfreaken real!!! And that is just one line of service!

Message Edited by miketech_79 on 11-08-2008 09:57 AM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat